Sr Product Manager - Technical, Mobile
Ring is looking for a Principal Product Manager for our mobile software team. As a senior product leader, you will invent and drive features that support our mission of making neighborhoods safer. The ideal candidate will have experience both in strategy definition and, critically, in rolling up their sleeves to do what it takes to get to a successful launch.
You live and breathe consumer experiences across iOS and Android apps. You have a passion for IoT, you want to push the boundaries of how things work together to make people's lives better. You are an accountable, hands on problem-solver with a positive attitude. You thrive when moving a project from ambiguity to clarity. You’re a natural collaborator equally comfortable talking tech with developers, user experience with designers, copy and positioning with product marketers, numbers with finance and marketing, and strategy with executive leadership.
You pay attention to people, connect with them, and know how to achieve great things together. You have a strong sense of purpose and integrity, with deep emotional intelligence. You will have proven analytical capabilities, strong persuasive writing skills, broad business experience, the tenacity to develop ideas independently, and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Drive mobile product development from conceptualization through launch – creating detailed actionable plans, work streams and tactics, and execute on those in support of new product launches.
- Collaborate with technology teams, UX, and business development partners to determine what features to move forward and in what priority order.
- Ensure business and technical stakeholder needs are aligned by driving mindful discussions that lead to crisp decisions.
- Get into the weeds. Write functional and system requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to business and development teams.
- Create and own a product roadmap that has clear, measurable success criteria.
- Manage the execution of initiatives from idea through launch, while setting and managing the right expectations with all relevant stakeholders.
- Solve ambiguous problems and proactively identify and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
- Partner with UX and UX Research to define good outcomes for qualitative testing, ensuring we are building the right experience for a diverse range of cultures.
- Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility, ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives.
- 5+ years of experience in product management of consumer facing products and experience with launching at scale.
- 4+ years of experience developing iOS and/or Android mobile applications.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Familiar with guidelines, capabilities, and limitations of both mobile hardware and their operating systems.
- Experience in working with and coordinating large-scale products with central teams.
- Data-informed: Define metrics for success and failure; ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to back up assumptions and make decisions.
- Team player: Strong, demonstrated ability to rally and bring varying functional teams together, and break through stalled decision making.
- Demonstrated experience in agile development, with experience in the use of JIRA and Confluence and other tools.
- Sound business & strategy judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
- Must have exceptional writing skills including the ability to present and convey ideas to business and leadership stakeholders.
- Experience with physical devices, IoT or similar, and the intersection of physical products, cloud and mobile.
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
Ring LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants with our regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ring Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Read Full Job Description