Sr Product Manager, Mobile Apps
As a Senior Product Manager at OpenX you will lead the process of defining and driving the roadmap for one or more product initiatives. This role requires a solid understanding of the competitive landscape and customer needs; as well as intimate understanding of how OpenX products work at the feature level. Depending on the focus for the role you will work with one or two engineering teams. This position will have a significant impact on our mobile business and requires someone who is up for the challenge.
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs and business objectives of internal and external stakeholders, and engage at a detailed technical level to derive product requirements
- Conduct competitive and market research to identify new product opportunities
- Evaluate opportunities, design solutions based on analysis, and work with different internal teams to implement solutions and iterate
- Drive feature prioritization, process improvements, and product requirements to improve product effectiveness and usability over time
- Ensure that your vision is aligned with that of the company at large by regularly working with department heads
- Interact with various levels of personnel from C-level managers down to functional business users as well other product and development teams
- Proactively provide customer and business context to engineering team
- Express novel ideas and complex concepts clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- The ideal candidate is a passionate product leader, who is both detail oriented and customer oriented with experience building complex, highly integrated software system
- 4+ years of experience in a product management role, with a successful track record of designing, building and launching products with real business impact
- Fluency in Agile, experience in human-centered design process
- Knowledge of mobile advertising technology is preferred, specifically SDK and/or monetization/optimization systems
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in computer science, engineering or other analytical field) or equivalent experience
- Strategic and tactical, creative and disciplined, enjoys working at the big pictureand product pixel levels
- Driven, self-starter; comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment
- Impeccable work ethic, humble but confident
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to build strong relationships across functions
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Highly accountable; takes ownership and drives sense of urgency
- Impeccable written & oral communication skills
- A product evangelist, who is able to inspire and drive consensus
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!