Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave's financial tools, including its debit card and spending account, help its more than 10 million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work and build credit.
Dave is a virtual-first company, which means there is no preference on where team members get their work done. Employees are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the only exception of Hawaii for now. For those who want to work in an office setting on a more regular basis, we will eventually open offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others and just announced our plans to go public by the end of 2021.
We are looking for a seasoned Partnerships Manager to join our Product Management team. This role will focus on building and maintaining relationships with key external partners that will enable us to build products that improve our members' financial health and lives, which is so core to Dave’s mission of creating financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. The partner manager will also help identify new verticals to build within the Dave ecosystem, creating a seamless and delightful experience.
We are looking for a Partnerships Manager to lead our efforts to identify, manage and lead new and existing partners across all of Dave’s products. This person should have a track record of success in creating mutually beneficial partnerships for FinTech solutions. The partnerships manager should be well versed in the FinTech landscape.
Our ideal candidate should have a strong background in both product management and business development. Opportunity assessment should be a particular strength, with experience in identifying, prioritizing and launching new partnerships. The partnerships manager will manage the day to day relationships of existing partners, while prioritizing new partnership opportunities. The ideal candidate should also have experience as a product manager writing requirements and managing traditional cross-functional teams.
Communication and cross-functional collaboration is critically important, especially in our virtual first environment. You are accountable for the success of your partnerships, even if you don’t own the particular product where the partners technology will be implemented. You must be comfortable and confident in influencing your colleagues without authority. You should lead and influence your colleagues through building relationships and leveraging data. Critical to your success will be your ability to build productive collaborative relationships not only within product development with Design and Engineering, but also with Data, Marketing, Product Marketing, Business Operations, Member Success, Compliance, People, Legal and Risk.
You will be responsible for setting the partnerships strategy of the partner product team, while also partnering across the organization to help prioritize partnership opportunities with stakeholders and cross functional partners.
What you'll do:
- Identify and prioritize product partnership opportunities that align with Dave’s over arching business objectives
- Support contract negotiation with new and existing partners
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with partners, identify opportunities to improve performance and lower cost while maintaining the ‘care and feeding’ of partners
- Partner with stakeholders to define product metrics, objectives, and key results
- Facilitate and navigate conversations cross-functionally and at the executive level to gain alignment on partnership opportunities
- Partner closely with your data team colleagues to produce dashboards for your partner product KPIs, but also provide actionable insights to the entire organization
- Leverage data in everything you do - communicating, prioritizing and building
- Create and evolve a partnership process / framework that will scale the business and identify the right partnerships and align priorities efficiently
- Influence stakeholders cross-functionally, including Product, Operations, Finance, Legal, Risk and Compliance.
- Become a qualitative and quantitative expert on our customers and their use of our productsAbility to switch between your product manager and partnerships manager hat.
- As a product manager, you need to be able to work cross functionally across the organization to build your roadmap and get alignment (technical acumen is a must). As a partnerships manager, you will be aware of the latest FinTech trends, who the key players are across the industry (RegTech, InsurTech, WealthTech, etc..) and have the ability to present to C level executives while negotiating detailed commercial terms.
- Customer success and customer outcomes should be the primary lens through which you view your work
- Lean in and lean out, with the ability to be both tactical and strategic as needed
What you'll need:
- 5-7 years of experience in Product Management and/or Business Development
- Deep FinTech and banking product experience and expertise
- Experience across a broad range of business and technical disciplines - business development, product management financial analysis / modeling, technology, business case development, contract negotiation
- Experience negotiating complex, multi-tiered commercial agreements
- Prior experience developing product partnerships
- Prior experience at a high-growth startup is preferred
- Ability to foster empathy for customers whose daily life, circumstances, and needs might be very different than your own
- You should have a strong track record of partnering with other product managers, engineering, product design to ship releases that move the needle on your KPIs, delivering value for both the business and our customers
- We expect you to have strong analytical skills, communicate exceptionally well, embrace navigating complexity and ambiguity, and have a humble mindset to always be open to both learning and teaching
- MBA, bonus points
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.