Sr. Director Digital Commerce
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is looking for a Sr. Director, Digital Commerce to be a part of Universal Music Enterprises under their Commercial Marketing team who will develop and deliver day-to-day partner management for high-level streaming services/DSPs. This role will partner with our labels/managers/artists to develop global commerce marketing campaigns that strategize the best course to market for their catalog and releases, a role specializing across all genres. The role will work in tandem with the various UMe departments & international territories under the direction of the SVP of Commerce, Digital.
How you'll CREATE:
- Drive marketing & promotional initiatives with high-level streaming services to maximize revenue and exposure for our artists.
- Propose and execute global marketing and platform campaigns with timely featured positioning & partner marketing support for UMe new releases, catalog and other strategic initiatives.
- Develop strong relationships across multiple areas within the streaming partners, including content, editorial, social, product marketing, sponsorships, operations, reporting, executive levels, and related 3rd party service providers.
- Effectively Communicate insights, analysis, opportunities and recommendations with partners to improve our mutual businesses.
- Lead frequent partner calls and business presentations with the streaming partners and global counterparts.
- Regularly communicate the status of artist campaigns, new initiatives, opportunities and other account activities to international departments, labels and artist management teams.
- Ability to solve operations, reporting, technology, and business issues to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Work closely with research and analytical teams on identifying market trends, partner and consumer insights, identifying marketing opportunities, and understanding consumer behavior.
- Ability to train and manage a small support staff to meet departmental objectives
Bring your VIBE:
- Demonstrated experience with high-level streaming services.
- Prior experience in account/client management and digital content marketing / intellectual properties.
- 5 years prior experience with digital content servicing or digital service provider
- An entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to take broad campaign concepts and translate into partner-specific initiatives that result in sales/streams and impressions.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and balance priorities.
- Ability to understand operations, delivery processes, supply chain and technology issues.
- Ability to manage internal department systems and partner backend interfaces.
- Must be well versed in presenting to partners and senior-level executives.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management skills & follow-through
- Represent UMe at artist shows and partner events.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Keynote.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
What's in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.