Dave is a banking app on a mission to create financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential. Dave's financial tools, including its debit card and spending account, help its more than 10 million customers bank, budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work and build credit.
Dave is a virtual-first company, which means there is no preference on where team members get their work done. Employees are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the only exception of Hawaii for now. For those who want to work in an office setting on a more regular basis, we will eventually open offices in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Dave is backed by Mark Cuban, Norwest Venture Partners, Section 32, and Financial Venture Studios, among many others and just announced our plans to go public by the end of 2021.
We are looking for a Sr. Technical Product Manager to join our Product Management team. This role will focus on developing, launching services in Dave’s financial platform, that has been used by over 7 million people. You will help us scale our current platform and facilitate the development of new, innovative features. The particular focus for this role will be on our core cash advance product, which is so core to Dave’s mission of creating financial opportunity that advances America’s collective potential.
Executing on this will require strong quantitative research abilities and technical acumen.
What you'll do:
- Work with cross functional stakeholders to align goals, strategy, and roadmap
- Communicate, coordinate, and work closely with your squad as well as the other product and engineering teams to drive the end to end product development life cycle
- Articulate user stories, requirements, define business value, and identify success metrics for our existing/new services
- Work on the definition and reporting of relevant KPIs to continually optimize technical and financial performance for our business
- Collaborate with Data Science and Engineering to launch new experiments that help to improve our current systems
What you'll need
- 8 years of professional experience, 5+ years of experience as a Sr. Technical Product Manager or equivalent product and technical experience
- Experience with gathering requirements for new products and processes, especially with Corporate Finance and Accounting teams
- Experience with integrating many third-party vendors for payment processing (ex: payment processors, vendor gateways, banking integrations etc.)
- Experience with financial system and ERP integration, especially in the context of getting company ready for public financial reporting
- Excellent communication with engineering and senior management
- Experience strongly desired with Financial Platform, Payments, and FinTech
- Working knowledge of SQL and Business Intelligence tools like Mode, Looker, or Tableau
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term Disability plans
• Competitive salary and equity compensation packages
• Voluntary Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability plans
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Generous and flexible PTO
• Flexible work hours
• Generous paid parental leave
• A collaborative environment with opportunities for learning and growth
• Virtual social events
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.