Senior Technical Product Manager, TSP at Tinder
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:05 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, March 2, 2021
Tinder is on a mission to change the world, bringing people together and facilitating millions of
connections that otherwise might not have been possible. With tens of millions of users and an
expansive global presence, our reach is expansive - and rapidly growing.
Note, this role can also be based in San Francisco, CA.
About The Role
We are looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to own the strategy and development of
Tinder Service Platform (TSP), a framework with unique, curated content products delivered via
services, APIs, and emerging technologies to other Match Group Brands.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify Market Needs- Identify specific solutions and services built internally to Tinder that will tackle problems and needs for consumers/partners on the extended platform.
- Drive Roadmap- Build and drive a strategic roadmap on how to continuously improve our existing API and Content/Service products, but also innovate on content and other delivery channels. Take into account the partner needs while defining and leading roadmap items.
- Generate Requirements- Generate customer-centric requirements with your team, based upon customer and partner inputs.
- Collaborate Cross-Functionally- Be the glue amongst the internal teams and act as a bridge between internal and partner teams and ensure all partners are aligned all the time.
- Manage Product Lifecycle- Manage overall product lifecycle plans for the API/Service product portfolio, from launches to end-of-life plans as appropriate. Develop new products and improve existing portfolios.
- Present and Evangelize- Present to customers/partners and senior management on opportunities and insights gleaned from our curated content.
- Be a problem solver- Balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment with ease.
What You’ll Need:
- Have a ‘Platform first’ or ‘API first’ kind of point of view.
- Strive to empower the middle tier of the ecosystem (e.g. developers, partners, admins).
- Ability to clearly distinguish between the platform’s core interaction and its enablers.
- Qualifying how the API/service delivers value from a product perspective.
- Experience with providing central infrastructure on which participants build and exchange value.
- Expertise in matching participants with each other and with content/services/APIs built.
- Nurture a partner ecosystem where participants can collaborate on the platform.
- Experience with Android and iOS mobile platforms.
- Uncanny ability to structure problem-solving approaches and to bring multiple solutions to solving sophisticated problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to advocate for Tinder’s products.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays, an annual Learning + Development stipend, and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.