Senior Technical Product Manager- Data Science (Greater LA Area, CA or Remote)
| Greater LA Area | Remote
System1 is a leading online customer acquisition marketing company that operates the largest Responsive Acquisition Marketing Platform (RAMP) allowing leading digital publishers and networks a single platform to monetize customers in an increasingly complex ecosystem. We are led by passionate entrepreneurs & industry veterans who have built and managed multiple billion-dollar companies. Our growing team of over 300 people is an incredible group of engineers, product managers, data scientists, & buy and sell-side experts.
System1 is looking for a senior product manager to join our Data Science team. You will drive product direction for a talented team focused on building models that power our large scale marketing platform. System1 products touch 100s of millions of users per month and our platform processes 5B+ data points every day.
The ideal candidate will have a background in managing technical data science & analytics projects, balancing stakeholder requests, working cross-functionally with engineering and operations teams and writing detailed functional specifications.
With billions of data points ingested daily and the ability to impact and automate millions of critical decisions that drive the core of our business, this is a unique opportunity to build new advanced ML and AI capabilities at a company that still innovates at the pace of a startup but has the data and scale of a successful billion dollar company!
What You Can Expect on the Team:
- Define detailed product specifications pertaining to our data science & analytics efforts
- Identify, prioritize & evangelize the areas that can get the biggest impact from using data science techniques
- Create a prioritized roadmap of Data Science projects, and define measurable success criteria for them
- Be a thought partner for counterparts in Product, Engineering & Operations to recommend technical solutions, and influence the roadmap
- Productize the ML platform and ensure it’s performance & quality is measurable using business metrics
- Own the definition, tracking, and reporting on KPIs for all data science products
What You Will Bring to the Team:
- 5+ years of product management experience in integrating and managing data science products, and data analytics
- Proficient in scripting languages (Python/R)Advanced SQL skills
- Experience with NLP pipelines
- Experience with experimentation (A/B testing, RDD, diff-in-diff experiments)
- Knowledge of with data visualization techniques
- Engineering or computer science education and/or relevant technical background
- Excellent written, verbal, and leadership skills
- ETL experience is a plus
What We Have to Offer:
- Competitive salary + bonus + equity
- Generous PTO + 11 company holidays
- Open sick time
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, Vision for employees
- 401k with match
- Health & Dependent Care Flex Spending Account
- Paid professional development
- Leadership & growth opportunities
- Virtual company and team building events
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $150,900 - $209,500 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Please note that the compensation details listed in U.S. role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
System1 offers flexible work arrangements for most employees (unless they hold positions which are identified as having to be 100% onsite in Marina del Rey, CA, Bellevue, WA or Guelph, ON Canada). Most System1 full-time employees choose to work in a hybrid environment, splitting their time between working in our offices and working remotely. System1 allows fully-remote work in the following approved locations: Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas and Virginia. Prospective U.S. employees who live outside of any of these states will need to establish residency in one of the approved states prior to employment.