Senior Product Manager at Cloudvirga
About the job
Cloudvirga is a FinTech startup that is disrupting the lending industry with an intelligent consumer point of sale platform. We’re tackling the home loan process, while creating a better experience for consumers, reducing loan costs and time to close, and eliminating the hassle of multiple touch points.
Cloudvirga strives to make the process of securing a mortgage easier for consumers while making the American Dream more achievable. Our digital mortgage platform radically cuts mortgage loan costs, increases transparency and reduces the time to close a loan. We process over $200 billion in loans per year for some of the largest mortgage lenders in the US as we help them reduce the time and cost to manufacture a loan.
What You’ll Do
The Senior Product Manager of the iMP Platform will be responsible for defining and communicating the strategic path of both current and future offerings and features with regards to consumers and loan originators within our solutions. The Senior Product Manager will be engaged in the day-to-day decisions regarding product development and product releases including managing features and initiatives through the development cycle as well as working with other internal stakeholders to achieve revenue and profit goals.
What You'll Need
We’re looking for a strategic thinker, a customer champion and a proven leader with incredibly strong communication, collaboration and business management skills and ultimately a team-player who focuses on results. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive and know how to make that vision a reality through the creation of requirements and user stories that you shepherd through development process.
Your role is to sit down with our potential and existing lender customers and understand their problems and hear about their ideas. You’ll transform those learnings into a market-validated product plan that addresses both their issues as well as those of the actual consumer borrower and loan originator. You’ll then work closely with our UX design team to turn those plans into designs, requirements and ultimately delivered features and functionality. Throughout this process you will be looked to as the business owner and domain expert and be expected to determine clear prioritization and appropriate trade-offs regarding implementation issues based upon understanding constraints, dependencies, costs, resources and customer benefits.
- Drive the ongoing advancement and planning of our consumer/borrower and loan originator product strategy by working with sales, customer care, design, development and individual clients to understand future needs and opportunities.
- Define customer requirements, use cases, user stories and conceptual designs for the entire customer experience including user interface, application features, provisioning and fulfillment.
- Own and drive the process of defining and developing product plans and roadmaps for assigned solutions.
- Develop business case justification for new products or material changes in current products.
- Work with our design team, other product managers and development groups on a regular basis to ensure software releases are delivered accurately, timely and in full compliance with customer requirements.
- Support customer-centric culture through active engagement in customer facing activities such as site visits, market research, go-to-market activities, customer demonstrations and symposiums.
- Performs other duties as assigned and necessary.
- 5-8 years of software/technology/mortgage product management. Equivalent experience in strategic marketing or business management acceptable.
- Direct experience in consumer/B2C software as a service and/or web-based applications required.
- Excellent knowledge of standard software methodologies including Agile Scrum.
- Proven experience in developing product plans and aligning requirements and user stories towards the execution of those plans.
- Exceptional communication skills which will support delivery and acceptance of plans and vision through all levels of management within the organization.
- Working knowledge or experience with multiple market research methodologies including surveys, focus groups, user groups, and usability testing.
- Working knowledge and experience within real estate and/or mortgage lending is required.
We are located in the heart of Irvine's technology hub at UCI Research Park, a campus that offers hiking, biking, dining, walking trails, common areas and an on-site gym. Cloudvirga offers all full-time employees unlimited paid time off to allow our team members to properly recharge, competitive base salaries, bonuses, equity, and affordable health coverage with generous company contributions.