Stem enables independent artists to build their businesses. Our tools empower indie musicians and their teams to distribute music, collect royalties from streaming platforms, pay their collaborators, and take out advances on their future earnings.
We’re hiring a senior product manager to join our team and help grow Stem into the financial backbone of the music industry.
ABOUT THE JOB
In broad terms, the product team is responsible for the following:
- Shaping the overall Stem product offering, from both a short-term and long-term perspective.
- Discovering customer pain points and ideating solutions in our product.
- Defining, designing, and scoping product updates, iterations, and new features.
- Working directly with the engineering team on a day-to-day and cycle-to-cycle basis for build / execution.
- Supporting Stem’s artist & label relations team by communicating product updates and gathering feedback.
As a member of the product team at Stem, you’ll fend off complexity and find a simpler path, but you’ll also go deep when and where necessary. You’ll learn from us and we’ll learn from you. You’ll have the freedom and autonomy to do your best work, with plenty of support along the way.
A "product manager" can mean different things depending on who is asking as well as who is answering. Our team approaches product work from a larger umbrella / bundle perspective, which includes:
- Research and Data
- Customer interviews, surveys, usage data, and performance metrics. A combination of qualitative and quantitative data to inform product decision-making.
- Shaping and Design
- Putting together an approach for how to solve a problem. Understanding where complexity lies and removing risk surrounding those pieces, while ensuring the design solves for all jobs-to-be-done.
- Build and Launch
- Defining the sequencing and order of operations for the execution leading up to launch as well as follow-ups and iterations afterwards. Course-correcting as found work throws alterations to the initial plan.
We’re looking for someone with strong financial / fin-tech product experience– added bonus if that coincides in the music royalty space, but not a requirement. You should be well-versed in all phases of product development, having seen through to launch full products as well as new features and iterations.
You have worked directly with engineering teams on regular bases. You have experience with agile (lower-case "a") product development methodologies, and have adapted workflows appropriately.
Your approach to product is thorough, working across all necessary areas of the company. As such, you possess the ability to effectively communicate to a wide-range of audiences. A strong track record of conscientious, thoughtful work speaks volumes.
We think this typically looks like 3 - 5 years of product management experience. Don’t check all the boxes above, but still think you’d be a fit? Tell us why.
This is ideally a job for a Manager of One.
This application requires a cover letter. We’d love for you to tell us how Stem fits into your future and how you fit into ours.
**Stem is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, parental status, age, or disability status. We also prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.**