Senior Product Manager, Trust & Safety at Tinder
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:34 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, August 11, 2020
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing. Your work here can change the world.
About the role
The Tinder Trust & Safety pod is on a mission to make Tinder the safest way to meet new people. We are looking for an experienced, Senior Product Manager to join this team. This person will be a cross-functional leader, working with design and engineering to build and enhance features and tools, and collaborating closely with other departments such as Community Operations, Legal/Policy, Marketing, PR, and Communications to make every initiative a success. The ideal candidate will demonstrate analytical proficiency and rigor, deep customer empathy, product intuition, excellent interpersonal skills, and a passion for protecting people from harm.
What you'll do:
- Work with partners to identify and prioritize threats and risks to our members’ safety, and leverage in-app product solutions, back-end systems, and processes to effectively reduce prevalence and harm
- Develop expertise in the areas of content safety and account integrity, and the burgeoning technologies undergirding the efforts to improve and maintain them - including intelligence and signal development, machine learning, continuous authentication, checkpoints and challenges, etc.
- Work with pod, pillar, and company leadership to define the Trust & Safety product roadmap, develop metrics that inform the success of safety efforts, and drive cross-functional efforts to achieve success across product, design, engineering, policy, community operations, and PR/Comms
- Develop robust workflows for cross-team collaboration that help us manage large-scale product improvement projects to improve community safety
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of consumer product management (or similar) experience. Familiarity with privacy and data security issues a big plus.
- 1+ year in Trust and Safety
- 1+ years of experience with SQL
- Experience analyzing, prioritizing, and optimizing to grow KPIs with minimal historical context
- Ability to be scrappy and navigate ambiguity with curiosity and zeal in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
About The Team
- The Trust & Safety pod is a passionate, mission-driven, cross-functional team comprised of PMs, Designers, Engineers, Analysts, Data Scientists, Policy experts, and Customer Experience specialists.
- Trust & Safety work often requires fast-paced decision-making based on partial information and ambiguous metrics, coordination and prioritization across disparate parts of the broader organization, and an ability to balance trade-offs between proactive preventative efforts and reactive response to adverse circumstances, with a relentless focus on producing the best possible outcomes for our members. A PM on this team needs to be comfortable with ambiguity, flexible in their thinking, and great at maintaining interpersonal relationships under stressful circumstances.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
· The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
· Tremendous opportunity to seek some of the industry’s most exciting problems
· Working with an outstanding team of creative, fun and highly motivated people
· Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, and 401(k) match
· Daily catered lunches, an endless supply of refreshments, basketball court, fitness classes, and social events
· A modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Read Full Job Description