Senior Product Manager - Data & Analytics
Greater LA Area
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
As a Senior Product Manager - Data & Analytics, you will drive product strategy, help craft NEXT’s product road-map and deliver data-intensive products, experiences, and capabilities. You will be intimately involved in crafting NEXT’s product road-map, scoping and delivering the industry’s most effective web and mobile app products and offline experiences.
What You'll Do
- You will be a technology thought leader in the freight transportation industry.
- You will define, manage, and own NEXT’s data strategy and be the expert of our data platform.
- You will work with large data sets to elicit customer insights, translating information into high impact road-map projects.
- You will manage and evangelize road-map opportunities with executives, business leaders and engineers.
- You will work with data scientists, engineers, and business leaders to build, test, ship and market experiments and projects.
- You will implement tools to support and interpret cross-department data needs.
- You will actively contribute to an amazing culture where people love to come to work.
What You'll Have
- You have 5+ years of Product Management experience working in fast-paced tech companies; 3+ years of agile product management experience.
- You have high customer empathy, with a desire to make our customers lives better.
- You have proven experience delivering scalable data solutions, data science and data visualization.
- You are able to write SQL, build dashboards and interpret data.
- You have strong understanding of relationship databases, machine learning, heuristic models, regression and classification capabilities.
- You are industrious and self-motivated.
- You are data-driven; you regularly seek out and use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with different personality types and seniority levels.
- You have enough technical knowledge to enough to gain the respect of software engineers.
- You are a team player who is willing to teach and learn
- Experience working effectively with remote/offshore teams.
- Experience in transportation, logistics, and supply chain industries.
- Experience in venture-backed startups or other hyper-growth environments.
Nice To Have:
What You'll Receive
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus +Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
NEXT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
To all recruitment agencies: NEXT does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, NEXT employees or any other organization location. NEXT is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description