Senior Product Manager, Core at Tinder
| Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:08 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, March 17, 2021
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing. Your work here can change the world.
Our Product team is seeking a Senior Product Manager to join the Core team. The swipe has revolutionized dating and as a part of this team you will continue pushing and extending the core experience forward for our members. The products that you will build on this team will help improve the experience of millions and millions of people each day who are looking for a connection. If you are someone that is passionate about great user experiences that leads with an innovative vision that can solve complex problems, we want to hear from you!
What You'll Do:
- Drive product vision and development, from conception to launch, of products and product solutions to deliver first class core user experience that meets Tinder’s business objectives — both consumer-facing features and platform-level investments
- Own product lifecycle from initial conception to launch: defining product requirements, crafting wireframes, writing specs, and working closely with Engineering and Design to build, design and launch features against a planned release schedule
- Develop an understanding of improving the Tinder core experience by conducting research, data analysis, and usability testing
- Collaborate with partners across the organization, communicate product vision, understand and prioritize needs and serve as an advocate and resource for Product
- Manage existing and newly deployed core products in light of observed performance, competitive positioning and emerging strategies
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of product management in a high growth consumer tech company
- Strong product intuition and UX design sensibilities, with a desire to discover and fulfill the needs of users
- Proven track record of launching and managing product features that drive a meaningful impact for the users and business
- Experience defining metrics and data analysis to make product and strategic decisions based on A/B testing and/or qualitative feedback
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to solve challenging user and business needs
- The ability to assess the impact of a feature not only on end users but also the platform it’s being built for
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication to non-technical and technical audiences to communicate complex ideas simply and creatively
- Great teammate with deep product management experience that is an expert communicator, coordinator and collaborator that can work cross functionally
About The Team:
- The team works cross functionally to improve the Core Experience for our members. The team is passionate about improving the swiping experience and building out new content that people can add to their profile so that they can put their best foot forward and spark a new connection.
- Developing strategies to create highly relevant Profile content so that users can better express themselves to potential matches.
- Building out infrastructure that continues to display the right content at the right time so that people can spark new connections more easily.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays, an annual Learning + Development stipend, and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.