Machines that Move Us.
People who Inspire Us.
Stories that Drive Us.
We are MotorTrend.
With a monthly reach of more than 131 million, MTG is the largest automotive media company in the world. With franchises including MotorTrend, Hot Rod, Automobile, Wheeler Dealers, Roadkill, Best Driver’s Car, and dozens of other world-class brands, we are reimagining storytelling around mobility. Our portfolio brings together Discovery’s #1 TV network for automotive super fans, with our vast automotive digital platform that includes direct-to-consumer products, websites, apps, connected TVs, social, and live events.
The people who work at MotorTrend embody the passion of our content, and wake up every day intent on embracing, entertaining, and empowering the motoring world.
Job Summary & Responsibilities:
The Senior Product Manager – Analytics (full-time, salaried, regular) will be responsible for generating analytics requirements for new features across mobile (iOS and Android), connected television devices including Roku, FireTV, Android TV, tvOS, and Comcast devices, and desktop web for MotorTrend on Demand. Ideal candidates should have experience working with product managers and UX designers to understand new product features and how to instrument them for tracking using Adobe and Adobe Heartbeat. Candidates should be able to work closely with Business Intelligence to understand tracking needs of executive leadership and translate them into requirements that front end developers and QA engineers can build and test without further assistance. In addition, candidates should have a passion for creating customer-centric products, a strong background in product management, and excellent communication skills.
- Partner with product managers and BI analysts to build requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria and success measures for new features
- Serve as central point of contact for analytics on the product team, connecting product, design, engineering and business intelligence teams
- Be able to clearly communicate vision, important KPI’s, and how the team’s work prioritization aligns with the goals of the business intelligence team
- Assist in design and execution of A/B tests and perform other quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
- Integrate data analytics, product metrics, user experience research, and competitive analysis, to drive prioritization of product features and enhancements
- Ensure products are in line with the overall digital strategy and support business goals
- This position will not include supervising one or more employees.
- Requires a B.A/B.S, preferably in a business or technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years working in a software development environment.
- Experience working closely with software engineers in an Agile environment.
- Experience leading software development for web
- Experience in Adobe Analytics, including writing user stories and analytics specs
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Passion for ongoing learning and ability to successfully operate in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of all aspects of the software product development lifecycle, analytics, reporting, and usage tracking software.
- Experiencing partnering closely with an analytics team to ensure all analytics specs are implemented
- Proven track record of balancing multiple projects at once and delivery of projects successfully on time.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly detail oriented, strong technical intuition, organized and collaborative.
- Ability to manage time and schedules with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional teams to meet deadlines.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- The ability to sit for prolonged period of time and view computer screen.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Work is performed in an office environment that is well lit and ventilated.
NOTE: This position description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict any other tasks that may be assigned.