The Release Manager owns the release lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and managing releases across multiple teams in an agile and international environment. These releases include both cloud and on-premises offerings and range from individual patches to coordinated major releases across all product teams. The role includes build management, localization, inter-team communication and coordination, and package deployment. You’ll provides tools and services to help product teams manage and deploy releases into production.
- Manage and coordinate release-related activities across engineering teams and component owners
- Manage the release schedule for our product and services
- Define, coordinate, refine, and enforce the release process and related tasks
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on issues related to release details to ensure a smooth release
- Create, leverage, and maintain automation frameworks to improve processes, testing, and delivery of features
- Track issues related to releases, including bug tracking and report generation
- Leverage in-house and third-party tools for deployment
- Coordinate, facilitate and communicate with other teams regarding testing and release process improvements
- Oversee and maintain translation processes for localization
- Communicate key project plans, timeframes, and changes, including release details and requirements, to management and affected parties
- Track release cycle activity (progress, dates, deliverables), and provide reports as necessary
What You'll Need:
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience in management of software product development, releases, and delivery
- Understanding of web and Windows application architecture
- In-depth knowledge of build, deploy, test, and release engineering processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), Subversion, Git, and Windows Installer (WiX) a plus
Click here to learn more about Life at Laserfiche.
Laserfiche complies with all Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action regulations. Laserfiche makes all employment decisions – such as recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, professional development practices, discipline and termination – without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, pregnancy, age, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic, marital status, veteran status, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law, except as may be permitted by law.