Product Strategist, Specialty Contractor
Join Procore’s Product team as one of our first Product strategists. You’ll be the point person for product needs in the Specialty Contractor segment, acting as a conduit between the Customer, Revenue teams and R&D. You are passionate about discovering needle-moving opportunities, producing compelling roadmaps, and building strong relationships. Your facilitation of fruitful interactions between the Customer, Product, and Strategy teams will pave the way for long-term growth in our Specialty Contractor segment.
We are open to hiring someone into either Carpinteria, CA or Austin, TX. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
Who you are:
- An effective influencer and advocate, who can align market needs to company level priorities
- A critical thinker who knows how to evaluate short-term opportunities through the lens of long-term market needs
- Comfortable with operating in ambiguity, as you will need to understand product areas you do not own and conduct high level discovery that will impact prioritization decisions
- Excited to help Procore develop a new Product Management discipline
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with Customers and Revenue teams to identify and prioritize market needs, ensuring long-term success in the segment
- Conduct early discovery and research to identify what is needed to expand into untapped segments of the regional market
- Distill market needs into prioritized product opportunities for R&D
- Produce a product strategy and roadmap for the segment, collaborating with the product organization to ensure alignment with overall company strategy
- Ensure revenue teams are selling and supporting to the customers we are directionally aligned to serve
- Identify potential integration partners to close product gaps
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in Product Management, Construction Industry or Business Development at a software company
- Experience driving buy in from key leadership stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience using tools and channels such as data analytics software, customer conversations, collaboration with CS and Sales, etc to evaluate and drive adoption
- Experience leading and building alignment with cross-functional engineering teams in an Agile software development environment
- Strong critical thinking skills, demonstrating the ability to analyze and evaluate opportunities through the lens of long-term market needs
- 30% travel required to client sites, conferences, and Procore offices
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.