Talespin is building the platform to transform talent development and skill alignment for the future of work. Our spatial computing products deliver a new standard for learning and workforce data, empowering organizations, and individuals to make better talent and career decisions. We’re looking for an experienced Product Owner for our Product team to help drive our mission to transform the way humans learn, work, and collaborate.
As a Product Owner, you will report directly to the Product Manager and you will be responsible to contribute to the program vision, continuously improve product quality and value, while managing those strategic goals into actionable tasks. You will be working with stakeholders across the organization to map and manage requirements and priorities in the backlog for cross-functional teams (both internal and external). The Product Owner will be responsible to manage deliverables through each stage of the development process from design and prototype through deployment and maintenance.
In This Role You Will:
- Create stories, epics, and themes and ensure work priorities are aligned with product strategies to deliver maximum user value.
- Take personal accountability for ensuring that team actions and backlog are consistently and fully aligned to the technical needs, strategic needs, and objectives of the business and/or client(s).
- Document product technical requirements for the development and IT organization in line with market problems communicated by the product leadership, and collaborate with the development team to ensure backlog (tickets and Epics) contain the necessary detail to ensure efficient prioritization, coding, testing, and client validation.
- Work with internal and external customers to implement and execute on the vision for skills training products identified by Talespin’s business strategy and Product Management organization.
- Regularly prioritize, monitor, and track progress of the team backlog and commitments against targets, communicating this with the team to manage expectations and suggest additional support when needed.
- Present complex information and ideas through open, transparent communication to engender trust and ensure mutual understanding.
- Gather additional insight directly from the client and other external sources of expert information to offer unique and current perspectives on the overall product vision and backlog.
- Be an expert at identifying and acting against complex and distant potential road blockers, holding team members accountable for identifying and addressing individual road blockers to personal progress.
- Consistently demonstrate excellent technical knowledge and proficiency, sharing this with others in their team to improve performance.
- Consistently demonstrate effective time management across challenging and overlapping projects, supporting others in the team with managing their schedule.
- Lead Backlog Grooming and Sprint Review sessions, while making sure to attend all other sprint events as an active participant.
- Bring commercial expertise, sound business judgment, and draw on external sources to prioritize and help reshape the product vision and road map.
What We Look For in a Candidate:
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) in business, computer science, or related field
- Minimum of five years’ previous experience as a Product Owner, Scrum Master, Business Analyst, or in a related field.
- Prior experience working in a technology start-up environment
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- High sense of urgency and ability to work well in and navigate a matrix environment.
- Effectively interface with development, business, analytics, operations, systems, and marketing personnel.
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Advanced oral and strong written communication skills.
- Advanced product management, project management, and organizational skills.