Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
Anduril is seeking driven individuals to join our growing product management team, with a specific focus on the Lattice platform.
Lattice is the AI-powered sensor fusion network that underpins all Anduril products, enabling better real-time decision making. A collection of applications and services compose the platform: everything from underlying environment setup, to user, sensor, and model configuration, to web-based operating pictures, to multi-user VR experiences.
This role is an opportunity to immediately have an outsized impact on real-world operations. Our focus is on creating groundbreaking technology that operators need and trust, and all your work will feed into this. You will go deep to learn about gaps in existing defense capabilities, engage with users, synthesize feedback, and build the product infrastructure to support our goals. Anduril is a rapidly growing company, and the right person for this role should be able to work in partnership with engineers and designers, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities. You often will be expected to self direct, and to be comfortable navigating ambiguity. In the near-term, you will land on a Lattice team to solve specific challenges, but over time you will drive the evolution of the scope and focus of your role.
About You - You have experience in software product development and have taken something from a wild idea through a shipped solution. You may not have studied Comp Sci, but you are technically savvy enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture decisions. You can turn conflicting or incomplete ideas into concrete action plans. Likewise, you can clearly say “No” when needed in order to cut through ambiguity. You’re excited about building a team to achieve ambitious goals, and bias towards action to help with any task that furthers this, whether that’s developing a demo, helping test a piece of hardware in the field, writing documentation, or QA'ing a new release.
You are curious and have a high rate of learning. Building an open, supportive, and inclusive company culture excites you, and you strive to provide honest feedback in service of this.
What you'll do:
- Define solutions. Identify potential features that will accelerate Anduril’s goals, increase our ability to quickly scale, and create an excellent user experience. To do this, you will seek out real-world context in the form of onsite user research, internal expert feedback, existing product data, and industry tech investigation. You will capture core workflows and translate these user needs into well-scoped requirements and success hypotheses.
- Prioritize and plan. Set clear outcomes for your portfolio in partnership with your engineering, design, and business partners. Develop team structures that allow prioritization of competing work within rapid development cycles. Help your team flex to adapt goals when needed, based on new information.
- Communicate vision and execution strategy. Proactively communicate goals to stakeholders and manage expectations of delivery. Escalate large trade offs and necessary decision points as needed.
- Execute. Work hands-on to deliver new capabilities across the lifecycle of the product, from initial release and onboarding, through day-to-day improvements. Validate and experiment along the way, acting as the voice of the user throughout.
- When possible, lead with data. Define and monitor key metrics to measure success.
- External storytelling. Work with business development, proposal, marketing, and compliance leads to communicate product capabilities externally. Participate in large-scale customer demos.
- Build product culture. Develop relationships to bridge business and technical worlds. Build tech alongside prolific engineers and designers, and then zoom out to work with business development, operations, customer success, marketing, and finance teams in order to ensure success. Along the way, you’ll help define and drive product team culture and best practices.
- 2 - 5 years in software product development, with at least 1 year specifically in a hands-on product management capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Aptitude for working with internal and external stakeholders, across a wide range of technical comfort
- Demonstrated success decomposing a problem into addressable component parts
- Proven ability to motivate cross functional teams to do their best work
- Comfort working with data and complex analyses
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. security clearance.
- Defense, national security, or aerospace domain familiarity through industry or education
- A deep enough understanding of basic front-end and back-end web technologies to consider capabilities and limitations
- Experience with or interest in working with visual design tools to communicate ideas
- TS/SCI clearance (or willingness to apply) helpful but not required
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that matter, we’d love to hear from you!