About NEXT Trucking:
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
The Product Manager will lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of initiatives for NEXT’s custom marketplace platform. This person will be responsible for improving the marketplace and operator experience while simultaneously driving key business metrics. Working with the Group Product Manager, the Senior Product Manager will establish a shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution - working with Operations, Marketing, and Finance, among others.
What You'll Do:
- Lead cross-functional teams in the ideation, technical development, and launch of initiatives for the NEXT marketplace platform.
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Work with engineering to scope upcoming projects, break into user stories (including definition of minimally viable product), and prioritize into sprints.
- Lead a squad made up of engineers and product designers to deliver features in line with the product roadmap.
- Work with user experience team to review usability studies and research to shape both existing and upcoming user flows.
- Work with the data team to measure, assess, and project financial performance.
- Work with other members of the product management team on internal process, procedures, and documentation to improve the overall operations of the department.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA a plus.
- 3-5 years of product management experience.
- Experience managing own data analytics to run queries and build reports.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to absorb technical requirements and communicate them to broad and business audiences.
- Ability to frame and add structure to chaotic/ambiguous situations and decisions.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders coupled with strong persuasion and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to lead others in a fast-paced, high-growth environment a plus.
- Experience working on a well-known B2C product a plus.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, growth stage startup a plus.
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus + Equity
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/ company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Dog-friendly open office
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry