Product Manager at Tinder
Tinder is on a mission to change the world, bringing people together and facilitating millions of connections that otherwise might not have been possible. With tens of millions of users and an expansive global presence, our reach is expansive - and rapidly growing.
About The Role
This product manager will join an experienced team of product leaders within the Innovation group at Tinder. Reporting directly to the Product Director of Team Evo, this role comes with the challenge of attracting, retaining and delighting the next generation of Tinder members.
What You’ll Do
- Ideate, prioritize and oversee new feature development.
- Create wireframes, product requirements, and other illustrations to convey feature ideas and gather feedback.
- Research and use consumer insights and competitive intelligence to inform product decisions.
- Gather and distill requirements from users, support, marketing, and elsewhere; translate these into a cohesive and meaningful vision.
- Develop metrics to measure the success of program features and analyze results.
- Use customer research and data analysis to communicate product vision to senior management and various partners.
- Work with designers to create beautiful and intuitive user experiences.
- Think like a scientist: define a hypothesis and create an experiment to validate your assumptions.
What You’ll Need
- Experience with Android and iOS mobile platforms with a deep understanding of user behavior.
- Passionate about creating beautiful consumer products, and experience building them.
- Uncanny ability to structure problem-solving approaches and to bring multiple solutions to solving complex problems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to advocate Tinder’s products internally and externally.
- Technical background with intuitive design sense.
Bonus points if you have:
- A BA/BS in Computer Science, Operations Research, or similar analytical field but a wonderful project list trumps all
- Prior startup experience is helpful (but not necessary)
About The Team
Team Evo is dedicated to building Tinder for the next generation of our members. Using a high degree of autonomy, we can make changes to any part of the experience in search of the next great idea. We’re highly analytical, using insights from everywhere we can find them, and highly pragmatic, putting ideas to the test quickly with lightweight experiment. When we validate an idea, we aggressively scale up to full fidelity, building the first-class experiences Tinder is known for around the world.
What’s harder than making a hit? How about the sequel? Today, Tinder has a global footprint of tens of millions of active users. Designing experiences that cater to our core user base while expanding our reach is one of the big challenges we work with every day. We value research and analysis to keep our roadmap grounded in what’s going to be meaningful for as many members as possible.As Part of Our Team, You Will Enjoy
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match and, meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation
- Daily catered lunch and dinner, endless supply of refreshments, free massages, basketball court, fitness classes, and social events
- Modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location