Who we are
Albert is a new type of financial service that uses powerful technology to simplify our customers’ personal finances. A startup with the backing of top-tier institutional investors, we have been trusted by over 1 million users to help achieve their financial goals.
Our mission is always at the forefront: to improve the financial lives of millions of people. We strive toward this mission with a simple, yet sophisticated product, and an in-house team of financial experts – or “geniuses” – who work directly with our customers. If you are a thoughtful, talented individual with an interest in our mission, we invite you to join us on our journey. Successful candidates will have a foundational knowledge of finance and the desire to better the lives of others.
About the role
The product manager is responsible for the tools we use to transform financial advice. Albert’s product managers sit at the intersection of software development, design, and business strategy.
On an average day, our product managers might pitch a concept to senior leadership, create a launch plan with marketing, work with designers to prototype a new feature, analyze customer data with geniuses, and/or meet with engineering to implement changes. Our PMs also work directly with
customers, unearthing pain points and understanding their pressing needs.
Things you're good at
* Ownership: own and execute financial products that create value for Albert's customers.
* Organization: work across multiple layers of our organization, including design, engineering, financial services, and senior management.
* Prioritization: prioritize initiatives to demonstrate alignment with our business strategy and our value propositions. Communicate priorities and drive consensus on the path forward.
* Strategy: understand Albert's strategic needs and deliver innovative products to align with these needs.
* Communication: keep lines of communication open and seek out feedback on a regular basis. Communicate every feature’s “how” and “why.”
* Teamwork: at Albert, the underpinning of our culture is to care. We care about our customers’ financial wellness, we care about the health of our business, and we treat each other with kindness and respect.
- Own and execute a product line that creates value for a financial consumer
- Prioritize potential initiatives through demonstrating their alignment with our business strategy and the value to our current or future customers
- Communicate that prioritization to other stakeholders in the company and drive consensus on the path forward
- Work closely with engineering, design, and business team members on business cases, product requirements, development, launch, and adoption
- Understand Albert's strategic position and deliver innovative products that align with this strategy
- Work directly with our customers to unearth pain points and understand their most pressing needs
- Communicate with the rest of the company the how and why for features
- College education and 3+ years of product management experience
- Experience working in Mobile and Web environments (iOS and Android)
- An expert organizer with proven ability to prioritize
- Strong technical background, preferably with deep understanding of engineering development languages and platforms
- A self-starting attitude with the ability to drive projects forward, yet also a keen sense of collaboration
- Adapts easily to a fluid work process, with an ability to pivot based on evolving business strategies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills while working with fellow product managers, designers, engineers, marketers and Genius teams.
- Passion for serving an underserved financial customer
- Entrepreneurial mindset: build strong data-driven arguments, prioritize with business strategy in mind, and evangelize projects to build consensus in the organization
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- Health, vision and dental insurance
- Free lunch
- Your own hardware budget