Drive product initiatives in emerging markets for the purpose of unlocking financial access, choice, and control for the underserved. Join a cross-functional squad of LA and in-country team members to develop deep user understanding to deliver user-centric solutions.
- Ship product, deliver on KPIs and develop deep product expertise within a cross-functional team:
- Emerging Markets: Establish product-market fit for Tala in an emerging market
- Growth: Grow all markets along acquisition, activation and retention KPIs
- Credit: Create global credit businesses that are locally relevant and sustainable
- Platform: Develop global tools and modules used by internal users
- Develop a strong understanding of in-country context, user needs, and competitive landscape
- Be the team champion to ensure team alignment, advocate product and elevate morale
- Global travel required
- 3+ years product experience, preferably in any of the following: consumer mobile, personal finance, emerging markets, payments
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with experience shipping user-centric products
- Proficient with the latest methods of product discovery and development
- Effective communicator that can listen, surface timely questions as well as motivate others
- Curiosity and knowledge of technical and product innovation and trends
- Checked ego, humble, empathetic, collaborative, service-oriented attitude of “user first”
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. More than 1.3 million people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, and other personalized financial services in emerging markets. Tala has raised more than $105 million from leading venture and impact investors including Revolution, IVP, Ribbit Capital, Data Collective, and Lowercase Capital. Tala’s global team is headquartered in Santa Monica, with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, Mumbai, and Bangalore.