Drive product initiatives in emerging markets for the purpose of unlocking financial access, choice, and control for the underserved. Join a cross-functional squad of LA and in-country team members to develop deep user understanding to deliver user-centric solutions.
- Ship product, deliver on KPIs and develop deep product expertise within a cross-functional team:
- Emerging Markets: Establish product-market fit for Tala in an emerging market
- Growth: Grow all markets along acquisition, activation and retention KPIs
- Credit: Create global credit businesses that are locally relevant and sustainable
- Platform: Develop global tools and modules used by internal users
- Develop a strong understanding of in-country context, user needs, and competitive landscape
- Be the team champion to ensure team alignment, advocate product and elevate morale
- Global travel required
- 3+ years product experience, preferably in any of the following: consumer mobile, personal finance, emerging markets, payments
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with experience shipping user-centric products
- Proficient with the latest methods of product discovery and development
- Effective communicator that can listen, surface timely questions as well as motivate others
- Curiosity and knowledge of technical and product innovation and trends
- Checked ego, humble, empathetic, collaborative, service-oriented attitude of “user first”
We strongly believe that inclusion fosters innovation and we’re proud to have a diverse team with a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We focus on hiring talented people regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. Millions of people have borrowed through Tala's smartphone app, which provides instant, personalized credit to underserved customers in East Africa, Southeast Asia, and Latin America. Tala is backed by leading venture and impact investors including PayPal, Revolution Growth, IVP, and Lowercase Capital. Tala is headquartered in Santa Monica with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, and Bangalore.