About UsSidebench is an award-winning strategy, design, and development consultancy based in Los Angeles. We partner with enterprise companies and top new ventures seeking product strategy. Our team provides the strategic value of enterprise-level management consulting and the technical expertise of a leading product & development shop. We combine these strengths with a people-first methodology that gives us a unique & innovative approach toward creating first-in-kind solutions.
About The OpportunityThe primary goal of a product manager is to craft excellent product solutions for our clients and ensure that we deliver exceptional consulting, technology, and creative services at all times. PMs are front and center at Sidebench and play a leading role both internally and in the eyes of our clients; this is not an easy role, and you will never be bored. You will be expected to drive the product vision and delivery of our client projects while keeping both client and internal teams up to speed on the project roadmap, leading analysts, designers, and developers, managing project budgets, and raising risks to the Sidebench leadership team.
Product Managers at Sidebench are key players in every phase of the project lifecycle. While a product manager works with the client, they should consider themselves the absolute expert on the product, the market it exists in, and the strategy for growth. You will turn ideas into lean products with robust backlogs and manage development teams through planning, sprints, and post launch support. You will be given a tremendous amount of independence and are expected to be a leader from day one. There is an incredible amount of growth potential within Sidebench and you alone will determine your ceiling.
- Use research, data, industry best practices and a product-focused mentality to make decisions that define you as a respected product and team lead
- Own every phase of the product life cycle. From initial requirements gathering to QA, you use extreme attention to detail to establish a strong project foundation that ensures the success of your product decisions.
- Challenge design and development decisions to advocate for your users and the client’s business strategies
- Define, analyze and measure KPIs for a product
- Build backlogs and roadmaps to illustrate and own the product vision
- Work with lead engineers to define the technical decisions required to support maximum usability, product scalability and client business needs
- Use software management best practices to maintain strict accountability for project budget, scope, profitability and timelines. You constantly build and maintain detailed project plans, your development sprints are always up to date and all internal and client stakeholders know how your teams are tracking.
- Provide timely status reports and communication to internal and client stakeholders
- Communicate risks and wins to both internal and client stakeholders
- Live for the product roadmap! Have pride in where you are and where you can take your products.
- Status quo is not your quo
- You see yourself as a client-facing, product delivery all-star, you kick ass on a regular basis, and you have the experience to back this up
- You have 3-5 years of experience managing and successfully delivering complex web and mobile products in an agency or consulting environment
- You constantly seek value in what you create and verify every product decision with user feedback, business cases, and technical feasibility
- You have a deep understanding of the purpose for each Scrum event: Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective
- You are familiar with the use and configuration of one or more Agile development management tools
- Updating projects plans and running well organized sprints is your jam
- You have a strong understanding of how different technologies work together and are comfortable discussing it with technical architects and developers
- You are process-oriented with a high attention to detail and get excited about running an efficient and well-oiled project team machine
- You are determined to help build the best interactive consulting agency in Los Angeles
Benefits and Perks
- In addition to a competitive full-time salary, we offer a significant health reimbursement plan, unlimited PTO & remote time allotments, and a 401k program
- Since we’re all about learning and growth, you’ll receive a technology stipend and an educational stipend to spend how you choose
- We have a casual dress code in the office — no need to dress up for us
- Our office space has indoor and outdoor workspaces and has an open floor plan
- We always make sure to plan one big company event and one small company event per quarter
- Our Culture Club celebrates new hires, birthdays, Sidebench anniversaries, and holidays
- We are walking distance from downtown Culver City and offer free office parking
- Our kitchen is stocked with free coffee, beer, and plenty of healthy snacks
- Throughout the year, we reevaluate our design framework, development process, and Sidebench values, and every member of our team gets involved
- You will work with a very diverse team of intelligent people that make it fun to come to work each day