Ellie Mae (NYSE:ELLI) is a leading provider of innovative on-demand software solutions and services for the residential mortgage industry. Mortgage lenders of all sizes use Ellie Mae’s Encompass® all-in-one mortgage management solution, Mavent Compliance Service, and AllRegs research, reference and education resources to improve compliance, loan quality and efficiency across the entire mortgage lifecycle.
Summary of Responsibilities
Ellie Mae product managers are responsible for the success of Ellie Mae mortgage automation software products from inception through development and release, continuing with ongoing maintenance and enhancement. Product managers proactively work with customers and prospects to incorporate product feedback with their in-depth knowledge of changing mortgage industry and technology trends. They ensure Ellie Mae products exceed the needs of our customers and remain the most innovative in the industry. Further, they collaborate with multiple teams at Ellie Mae to ensure our customers are aware of and trained on new products and product enhancements.
The product manager is responsible for defining the market requirements that support the product strategy and accomplish the adoption and retention goals for each product. They work closely with their engineering partners to package needed features into product releases.
Primary Responsibilities & Objectives
- Drive and own product vision and strategy, including articulating the value of the product (e.g. growth, revenue, market penetration, or customer satisfaction).
- Develop and maintain competitive analyses, identifying new players, trends and opportunities.
- Identify potential build/partner opportunities for product; including potential partner relationship analysis.
- Collect and integrate into product strategy comprehensive competitor and market research, as well as analysis of win/loss, attrition, customer feedback and technical support data.
- Drive release of product from concept through launch and adoption. Create and execute roadmap; prioritize features linking business, competitive, and user needs. Create content plans and define personas.
- Guide Business Analyst in the creation of engineering product specifications to ensure alignment and fulfillment of product requirements.
- Ensure all aspects of readiness are met, including Finance (SKU creation and pricing approval through Pricing Committee), Legal (contract creation), Tech Support, Operations, Product Marketing and Sales.
- Identify and drive business process changes needed to support new products once released.
- Track and report product performance against established short and long term KPIs. Metrics may include achieving launch milestones, as well as product adoption, quality, defect counts, and reliability.
- Create and execute methodology to generate, validate, develop, and curate business briefs, mini PRDs and Idea Pages.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- 4 or more years of product management experience at a SaaS company
- Must have experience developing and detailing software product requirements
- Proven ability to understand business and engineering perspectives to create stories to deliver needed features
- Experience in Mortgage banking, especially within product and pricing, compliance, operations management, underwriting, loan origination system administration and/or FinTech space is preferred
- 2 or more years as a developer / engineer preferred
- Prior A/B testing experience (internal tools and external – e.g. Optimizely)
- Prior “funnel” conversion ownership and demonstrable results
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) - Ability to analyze and clearly communicate business requirements as a key input to the product development process
- Ability to learn fast and ask questions in order to solve problems
- Track record of working effectively with remote teams
- Presentation experience in front of large audiences (internal & external facing)
- Detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including product management, legal, development, quality assurance, support, marketing and sales
- Self-motivated as well as a strong team player
- 15% travel
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
Ellie Mae is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, Females, Disabled and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us .