Product Manager - Media Product & Engineering at Leaf Group
Leaf Group is a diversified Internet company that builds platforms to enable communities of creators to reach dedicated audiences in the ever-growing lifestyle categories.
We are seeking a critical-thinking, entrepreneurial, and well-organized Product Manager to work in the Media division of Leaf Group at our Santa Monica office. You will help define the product roadmap and lead the tactical execution in areas of our media properties and the in-house tools developed to efficiently manage them.
We create amazing experiences that celebrate the best of home design, fitness & wellness, and technology. We want people with an intense curiosity, a commitment to high quality service, who embrace the fun of the journey. Come help us disrupt and transform the digital media and art world!
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for a Product Manager grows with us.
You’ll Report To: Director of Product, Media
A typical day as a Product Manager might include:
- Translating business needs into delivery of product requirements that clearly state the goals of the product and giving an in-depth explanation of the desired functionality.
- Creating or managing delivery of wireframes for pages and/or features to illustrate concepts.
- Working with the engineering team to scope and prioritize the projects/features, and leading them to completion.
- Working with the design team to develop effective and elegant UI solutions.
- Leading sprint planning and daily stand-ups.
- Managing communications around product launches that include partners and key – stakeholders.
- Working with QA/Engineering team to ensure any glitches are correctly reported and prioritized.
- Communicating with other product managers in the team to ensure cross team features are implemented accurately and on time.
- Monitoring site metrics and user actions.
- Communicating with other product managers to ensure newly released features are added to documentation.
- Giving demos for new features to stakeholders and internal teams.
- Staying abreast of competition and innovation within the space and using the knowledge to inform requirements and new product features.
You’ll be successful if you’re highly organized and possess strong project management skills.
What You Have:
- 3+ years of significant product management experience in the digital space, ideally on platform/application type products.
- Extensive experience in defining and documenting product requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and initiative; must establish credibility within teams as a knowledgeable, effective contributor.
- Proven track record as a product manager - complete life cycles of winning products in a technical environment.
- Working knowledge of the product development stages and process with a focus on Agile, and the technologies involved in web and application development
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. A pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way.
Who We Are:
We create experiences that celebrate the best of art, design, and technology. We want smart, curious people committed to putting people first, having fun while they work, a commitment to high quality service to make things better and a desire for constant growth. We work in a fun, hard-working collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. Check us out here: https://www.leafgroup.com/brands/
What We Have:
- BuiltIn LA's 2019 Best Companies to Work For in Los Angeles
- Comparably's 2018 Top Companies to Work for in Los Angeles
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Cool office environment and culture
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.