Product Manager, Latin (Contract) at Universal Music Group
Caroline is the Independent Services division of Capitol Music Group, providing a full range of label services and revenue streams for Caroline's artists, releases and label associations on a worldwide basis, including Marketing, Promotion, Commercial Development, Branding, Synch & Licensing, Lifestyle Marketing, Business Affairs and Finance.
How we LEAD:
Caroline is looking for a Product Manager, Latin (Contract) to be a part of the Marketing team in Hollywood, CA. This role, specializing in Latin music, will oversee and direct all aspects of day-to-day marketing and will partner with Caroline's Latin music labels/managers/artists to develop marketing campaigns that strategize the best course to market for their releases. This role will work in tandem with the various departments under the direction of the VP of Marketing.
How you'll CREATE:
- Marketing Strategy: Work with our partners to create a strong marketing campaign that is engaging fans, raising visibility and driving commercial results.
- Project Management: Act as the marketing lead for specific projects and labels, including developing the overall marketing plan, budget and strategy for the campaign and executing it.
- Marketing Plans: When not running a campaign, the candidate will be responsible for guiding our label partners in creating well thought out and creative plans.
- Project Budgeting: Work with our label partners to create smart marketing budgets that help deliver maximum visibility while also focusing on the highest return on investment.
- Label Meetings: Be available for all label meetings to act as a sounding board and strategist.
- Weekly Updates: Create weekly updates for the team highlighting growth areas and opportunities on priority releases. Also work with label partners to ensure they are consistently delivering concise updates.
- Label/Artist Relations: Available during negotiations as it relates to marketing strategy and label relations. This role is generally the first point of contact after a deal has been signed so that marketing plan development and marketing strategy can begin immediately to maximize timelines.
- Digital Marketing Strategy: Work with the digital department to ensure that our partners are creating creative, innovative campaigns that engage fans utilizing pre-existing social platforms and new technologies.
- Community Relations: Understand, be immersed and have thorough knowledge of Latin music sector with experience of promoter circuit, Latin charts, digital and social media platforms, and grassroots/street marketing.
- Data Driven Analytics: Know how to query and speak to specific data points that are meaningful to account relations and artist/manager expectations.
- Culture Driven Focus: Know of, be immersed in, and speak eloquently to the pulse/relevance of an artist within the culture of the scene, conveying what is meaningful for account relations and benchmarking artist/manager expectations.
Bring your VIBE:
- Experience strategizing and executing Latin music marketing campaigns, as well as pitching proposals for prospective clients (please be prepared to provide examples of or discuss campaigns you've worked on).
- Experience with cross-promotional marketing and branding.
- Existing relationships with labels and/or brands and existing contacts at digital platforms.
- Advanced level artist relations and/or third-party distribution experience.
- 4+years' experience in music industry marketing.
- Fluent Spanish required (verbal and written).
- Experience in marketing within the Latin music space.
- Strong knowledge of traditional and digital marketing strategies for music consumption.
- Must be tech-savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies and general market trends.
- Candidates should be creative, innovative, detail-oriented and resourceful. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Build and manage artist budgets to support online marketing.
- Knowledge of social media best practices and how to put together a social media plan, build a fan base, etc.
- Must have strong music industry relationships and vision to work with in house and 3rd party PR, Promo and online marketing teams.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operating effectively in a high-volume environment.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.