Product Manager - Integrations at Appetize
Appetize is the leading enterprise cloud point of sale (POS) and management platform trusted by the world’s highest volume businesses. Our mission is to enhance the guest ordering experience while making operations more efficient and productive. As the technology hub for commerce, we’ve connected our ordering technologies which include POS terminals, handheld devices, self-service kiosks, mobile and online ordering, with best-in-class application and technology integrations.
Appetize powers many well-known Fortune 500 companies and enterprises to process billions of dollars annually across multi-unit restaurants, sports and entertainment properties, education campuses, convention centers, theme parks, travel and leisure sites, for the NFL, MLB, NBA, Disney and Live Nation among others.
About the job
Appetize is looking for an exceptional Product Manager with a background in product integrations for Point of Sale partners. This is a critical role in helping to expand our technical partner relationships and integration offerings. You will lead the continuous enhancement and delivery of new product integrations by defining customer and partner needs and then translating that to requirements via user stories and other input, working with development, marketing and sales teams. As a Product Manager you bring well rounded product expertise to the role that includes core best practices of product management.
Key areas of focus will include gathering internal and external feedback and requirements, keeping abreast of current technology, and helping define the strategic product direction in partnership with Appetize’s other Product Managers and the Architecture team. You must possess a blend of business and technical understanding, a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality. This role will require balancing client and internal relationships, to drive market-leading products through innovative and simplistic architecture.
- Lead the ideation, technical development, and launch of innovative point of sale (POS) product integrations
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution
- Build and deliver a product roadmap that encompasses our product strategy coupled with customer and partner input
- Drive product development with a team of world-class engineers and designers
- Integrate research and market analysis into product requirements to ensure we are bringing added value to our customers
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Understand Appetize’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized as best in the industry
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm
- Stay current with compliance and relevant regulations affecting the marketplace and relevant product functionality
- In consultation with the development team discuss and refine solutions to technical problems
- Work across the product teams to prioritize work and ensure that it is meeting customer commitments as well as dependencies
- Work with product marketing to define go-to-market strategies for your product
- Evaluate feasibility of internal / external requests and balance those against the needs of the business and resource budget
- Work with senior management to set product vision and strategy
- Other duties or special projects as assigned
- 5+ years of product management experience in a software development environment
- Understanding of Technical integrations and API experience required
- Ability to translate complex technical requirements into simple requirements
- Enterprise & Business Systems product management desired
- POS system experience desired
- Experience managing complete Product life cycle from inception to launch
- Excellent teamwork skills including written and verbal communication skills and working with offshore teams
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites
- Ability to work toward hard deadlines across multiple stakeholders
- May require supervision of Product Owners for your assigned product
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to create and maintain a work environment that promotes client service, teamwork, performance feedback, individual recognition and mutual respect
Appetize is the leading Enterprise Cloud Point of Sale (POS) and management platform for food service and retail. We're trusted by many of the world’s most well known and highest volume businesses, including sports and entertainment venues, theme parks and attractions, restaurants, retailers, education campuses, and business cafeterias. Based in Silicon Beach, CA, we have over 300 employees dedicated to developing cutting-edge technology that’s replacing outdated legacy systems and helping enterprises better their guest experience, future-proof operations, and driving financial performance.
At Appetize our employees are at the core of everything we do. As the company continues to grow, our team is dedicated to attracting and retaining top talent who are smart, mission-driven, and share a common goal of continuous innovation. We believe that the success of our product depends on the success of our team. From fully covered medical benefits, monthly standups highlighting individuals' accomplishments, Waffle Wednesdays, and more, we’re dedicated to making this the best place to work!