Product Manager - Infrastructure
Hallmark Labs is a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc based in Santa Monica, California.
We currently operate two digital subscription services, Hallmark Movies Now and
Hallmark eCards, as well as ongoing initiatives in personalized, print-on-demand
greeting cards. We are a diverse team of innovators, creators and influencers
leveraging Hallmark's deep experience in creating meaningful connections and
progressing it into the digital age with cutting-edge technology.
Are you great at what you do and passionate about your work? Are you honest and
Are you a self- motivated, go-getter that likes to have fun?
If so, you are in the right place.
Are you passionate about bringing products to market that customers love - that will create emotional connections between people? Do you agree that small everyday actions can have big positive impacts? Are you a product and project management guru who moves fast and likes to have a big impact?
"We will be the company that creates a more emotionally connected world by making a genuine difference in every life, every day."
When you join Hallmark Labs, you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are a diverse team of innovators dedicated to enhancing relationships and enriching lives with state-of-the-art products.
We believe that our people are our most valuable asset. That’s why we offer comprehensive and affordable health insurance plans including medical, dental, and vision for you and your family. We also provide wellness incentives, spin classes, on-site massage chairs and bicycles, employee assistance programs, ergonomics assessments, beach days and more.
The Product team at Hallmark Labs is looking for a passionate, talented, and experienced product expert who will dig into the technical details of our cloud infrastructure to ensure that implementation meets expectations. You will work cross functionally to keep multiple teams on track while building infrastructure that helps our customers form deeper connections with friends and families.
This job includes the following responsibilities:
- Execute on product roadmap for Hallmark Labs Infrastructure and ensure that it meets market needs and business objectives. Be able to clearly communicate what is in the roadmap and why; understand what benefits the work is expected to confer on the business; anticipate what risks need to be managed / mitigated / prevented.
- Work cross functionally to prioritize, lead, coach, support, and inspire as needed to support new initiatives.
- Gather technical and business requirements and translate them into clear and defined user stories for that are actionable for our developers.
- Identify dependencies and be able to prioritize work accordingly and then communicate it effectively.
- Work with 3rd parties / external agencies and collaborators as needed.
Who we think would be a fit…
We are looking for someone who thrives on the technical aspects of product management to bring successful products to market. You might have worked at large top name companies, but you prefer small nimble companies with tight knit cross-functional teams that focus on getting stellar products to market quickly. You have the skills and experience, but you still love to learn - and you want to work with super talented folks to build great products
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 4+ years professional work experience.
- 2+ years' experience in B2C product management.
- 2+ years’ experience with Agile project management.
- 2+ years' experience working with AWS.
- 3+ years product management for cloud-based products/infrastructure to support multiple consumer facing websites and mobile apps that rely on IaaS, platform, and microservice based architectures.
- Experience working at startups; working at consumer-facing technology companies; subscription-based cloud services with e-commerce and infrastructure experience strongly preferred.
- Familiar with IaaS design and modern DevOps principles.
- Experience leading cross functional teams.
- Exceptional communication skills both written and in person.
- Certified Agile Product Owner.
- Knowledge of native AWS services advantages.
- Familiar with network theory, modern server & container-based architecture, and automation tools.
- Familiar with the advantages of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Familiar with CI/CD automation and SDLC best practices.
- Experience creating, running, and analyzing user testing scenarios and implementing changes based on data and user feedback.
- Capable of stepping in and acting as an individual contributor in one or more of the following ways: software QA, content / editorial / programming, copywriting, product marketing, user experience, design / creative, analytics, and prepared to speak directly to the customer to help resolve issues as needed.
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT. Individual file size attachment limit is 10 MB.
In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Hallmark Cards, Inc. and its subsidiary companies will hire only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. Hallmark does not generally provide sponsorship for employment. Employment by Hallmark is contingent upon the signing of the Employment Agreement, signing of an agreement to arbitrate in connection with the Hallmark Dispute Resolution Program, completing Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, education verification and satisfactory reference and background checks.
Excellent medical benefits
401(k) match up to 5%
Life insurance policy for every employee, at no cost
Cell phone and home internet reimbursement
Carpool and parking pass cash-out program
Generous maternity/paternity leave
Employee assistance programs
Fully stocked kitchen with fresh fruit and delicious snacks and beverages
Monthly catered lunches
Soft serve machine 24/7
Great eateries close by, oh, and we're near the beach!
Massage chairs and bicycles
Onsite free parking
Flexible work hours/work from home
Hallmark Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally-protected status. Principals only please.