Product Manager II
Do you want to work for a company where you are encouraged to build and have the autonomy to push boundaries? Invention has become second nature at 12Twenty, and the pace of innovation is only accelerating, and the breadth of our businesses expanding. 12Twenty’s growth requires leaders who move fast, have an entrepreneurial spirit to create new products, have an unrelenting tenacity to get things done, and are capable of breaking down and solving complex problems.
The primary role of a Product Manager within 12Twenty is to invent new products and features on behalf of customers, work on a critical business problem and help us find the right solutions for our customers. These projects often entail: working cross-functionally to drive ideas from conception to execution, developing marketing plans to drive awareness and adoption, segmenting customers and developing business models, as well as dig through data to understand and scope the problem, define and analyze success metrics.
If you’re entrepreneurial, and want to innovate, build and own transformative products for customers, join us in making history.
We are seeking qualified applicants for the position of Product Manager II.
As a Product Manager II reporting to the Director of Product Management, you will play a pro-active role in the planning, design, and implementation of product feature sets for 12Twenty’s front and back-end applications for the Higher Education market.
- Contribute to increasing the value proposition for Baccalaureate and Post-Graduate Institutions – in the process, develop a deep understanding of the student and school needs, and the competitive product offerings.
- Working with senior product team members, significantly contribute to the execution of a product strategy that articulates the appropriate user interface, infrastructure, and product feature sets required to achieve the business objectives.
- Support the validation and prioritization of new features – including the building of business cases – and the writing of requirements and applicable test cases.
- Contribute to the planning of quarterly business goals and the translation into product priorities.
- Communication of assigned product release plans & current and planned capabilities to all areas within the organization, and to external stakeholders.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the development team by prioritizing ongoing change requests, feature requests, and bugs.
- Support the creation of sales and marketing collateral in support of your product.
- Meet periodically with customers and partners of 12Twenty.
- 2 to 3 years of product management or marketing experience.
- Demonstrated abilities in:
- Defining product strategies and translating them into feature sets.
- Leading cross-functional teams and ability to thrive in a matrixed environment.
- Must possess an ability to quickly learn new technologies, understand their impact on the market, and apply that knowledge to the requirements for their products/services.
- Great attention to detail combined with the ability to prioritize and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Proven track record in managing towards timelines and financial targets.
- Agile development experience (1 year)
- Possess leadership skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional analytical and problem solving skills and have experience applying these skills to resolve issues.
- Possess strong facilitation, coordination and organization skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience as a Business Analyst or Jr. Product Manager at a company that developed a CRM, ERP, HCM, TMS, or LMS system.
- Experience with JIRA/Confluence or Rally software.
- Professional experience (post academic exposure) with financial modeling, financial analysis, and/or M&A activity.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
12Twenty is a fast growing, Santa Monica-based startup that’s changing the way university career centers and students approach recruiting. Through its suite of apps, 12Twenty provides career centers with a platform to more effectively manage the employment process while enabling students to have a better view of the entire recruiting cycle.
Why it’s cool to work here:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Great location in Santa Monica minutes from the beach
- Awesome team, we love what we do and support each other to be excellent
We are a group of highly motivated entrepreneurs focused on building the tools we wish we had when we were searching for jobs. Please reach out to learn more.