Product Manager, Financial Systems
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Maintain and manage Bird’s financial systems while collaborating and partnering with finance, IT and engineering resources to deliver a scalable product our finance team loves
- Manage our critical enterprise financial systems: coordinate system upgrade activity, respond to issues and incidents, and, at times, provide day-to-day administration/front-line support of the critical business systems that drive our global finance team
- Design, scope (functional and technical), build and test innovative solutions that automate and scale Bird’s enterprise systems in timely, accurate and cost-effective manner
- Proactively identify potential issues and areas for opportunities by leveraging your own knowledge and experiences, and from partnering with the finance owners; propose process, data, or systematic solutions to those opportunities
- Evaluate third-party software products for solutions, as appropriate. Manage relationships with those Vendors in a positive way
- Manage system adoption and satisfaction, including training users on the NetSuite application relevant to their jobs, and provide support to users and maintain proper system access
- Monitor end-user usage of various systems and benchmark performance
- Document and follow formal policies, procedures, and protocols for changes, customization, standards, usage, etc.
- Keep your internal customers and management up-to-date on all roadmap initiatives
- Be a point of contact for all activities regarding NetSuite related initiatives
- A four-year college degree in a relevant discipline (MIS, IT business/computer science)
- 3+ years of NetSuite consulting or product management experience
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases, SQL development, data integration, and data analysis
- Netsuite experience is a *must*
- A detailed understanding of common industry standard business practices related to Accounting (Revenue, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Intercompany, Financial Close, Consolidation, Reporting, Tax, Treasury), and Purchasing Management (Purchasing and Fulfilment)
- Hands-on experience with multiple systems; NetSuite, SalesForce, Concur, Blackline, Boomi, and Adaptive Insights
- Exposure to other Accounting, Sales Force Management, and Marketing business practices such as Expense Tracking, Multi-currency, Returns, Inventory/WMS etc.
- Exceptional communication and listening skills; ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with full system implementation life-cycles (analyze, design, build, test, implement, support)
- Someone with a technical background, and hands-on experience with systems architecture, object-oriented design, and patterns
- Project Management capabilities; develop requirements, estimate work efforts, etc.
- Experience with Jira or similar ticketing systems
- Working knowledge and understanding of SOX and change management processes
- Netsuite Certified is preferred, ability to customize NetSuite using Custom Records, Forms, Fields, Advanced PDF Templates, Workflows etc.
- Someone who can balance technical skills with business savvy – ability to transform end-user needs into technical and functional requirements
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.
Read Full Job Description