Product Manager, Digital Menu
Our people are our most valuable ingredient at sweetgreen - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly make the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
Since opening our doors in 2007, our team has been on a mission to build healthier communities, starting with real food. We’ve been unwavering in our commitment to scratch cooking and transparent sourcing, but over time customer appetite and demand for convenience has grown.
In response, we’ve built and grown our digital ordering business, which is committed to connecting more people to real food through convenience and customization. But what we’ve built thus far is just the beginning, and we need to continue to innovate and evolve our digital ordering experience to stay relevant in a quickly evolving consumer landscape.
We are currently seeking a Product Manager, Digital Menu to help define and manage the set of capabilities that enable customers to connect with sweetgreen and to real food. This role will partner with stakeholders and development teams to deliver features that enable sweetgreen to drive our digital menu forward and create relevance beyond salad.
- Serve as the digital product business partner to internal, menu-focused teams; partner with Food and Beverage, Product, Experience Design, Engineering, and Data teams to define requirements and bring new digital menu products to life (examples include new food categories, menu dayparting, product cataloging, product information management, supply chain data, among others)
- Build customer profiles, write user stories and conduct usability tests in partnership with Experience Design and Data teams
- Own roadmap for digital menu-focused product backlog including planning, prioritization, stakeholder communication, delivery, launch, and measurement
- Negotiate product trade-offs impacting cost, schedule and usability to improve user experience
- Evaluate and drive vendor selection according to requirements for menu/product-focused platforms to enable the company to scale
- Research and synthesize industry, technology, market and competitive trends to build expertise and identify new product opportunities
- Evaluate user feedback and integrate key insights back into the organization
- 4+ years of product/project management, consumer-facing mobile and web applications, or digital marketing experience
- Experience as a project lead in a cross-functional product development organization
- Proven leader who can execute and deliver products quickly to cross-platform experiences in a cross-functional environment
- Outstanding communication skills rooted in clarity and factual analysis; able to and manage effective business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with data-driven product decisioning and A/B testing frameworks
- Strong command of agile development processes and rituals
- Passion for the fusion of food and technology
Great candidates for the position will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
- Analytical Mind + Approach
Able to derive meaning from customer, digital, and business data and construct logical compelling business cases to support investment. Use data to inform, clarify and measure.
- Business Acumen
Understand business measures (especially retail KPI’s) and the way digital products impact them.
- Process Management
- Effective Team Player
Equally impressive strategic + tactical skills. Leads the cross-functional team to arrive at a clear and well understood way of work.
Experience working in and customizing an iterative product, design, and development process. Manages the roadmap and backlog with precision, negotiates trade-off decisions in a way that earns trust, and works tirelessly to unblock and maintain momentum.
- Passion + Patience
- Digital Passion
A healthy obsession with the digital tools + technology that leads to new and useful ways to solve problems
- Patient Leadership
A laser focus on getting things done, and an inspiring level of patience as you work through ambiguity. Ability to creatively solve hard problems in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
sweetgreen is a seasonal fast-casual restaurant company on a mission to change the way people think about food. With a strong sense of passion and purpose, we’re working to revolutionize our industry and the food system. We make delicious, real food from scratch in our kitchens every day, which supports local farmers and helps us create authentic, meaningful connections with our guests.
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.