Product Lead, Growth at Tala
Lead global, product-driven growth initiatives across all emerging markets for the purpose of unlocking financial access, choice, and control for the underserved. Lead a cross-functional squad of LA and in-country team members to increase acquisition, improve activation or deepen engagement by developing a deep understanding of our users.
- Lead global growth efforts across all markets and own acquisition, activation and retention KPIs
- Lead cross-functional squad to align, prioritize, and execute roadmap in sync with company strategy
- Partner with marketing and growth team to devise both product and non-product solutions
- Up to 30% global travel to develop strong understanding of in-country context, user needs, and competitive landscape
- Central hub intersecting acquisition, engagement and credit across various functions: Engineering, Credit, Data, CX, Research, and Growth
- 6+ years product experience w/ 3+ years of growth in two of the following; mobile, personal finance or emerging markets
- Expert in growth frameworks and analysis, from activation to retention and engagement, with a record of shipping successful product against growth KPIs
- Strong command of the latest methods of product discovery and development
- Effective communicator that listens as well as motivates and inspires, with strong cross-functional leadership and understanding
- Checked ego, humble, empathetic, collaborative, service-oriented attitude of “user first”
Tala is the leading mobile technology and data science company committed to financial inclusion globally. More than 1.3 million people have borrowed through Tala’s smartphone app, which provides instant credit scoring, lending, and other personalized financial services in emerging markets. Tala has raised more than $105 million from leading venture and impact investors including Revolution, IVP, Ribbit Capital, Data Collective, and Lowercase Capital. Tala’s global team is headquartered in Santa Monica, with additional offices in Nairobi, Manila, Dar Es Salaam, Mexico City, Mumbai, and Bangalore.