Product Lead, Digital Commerce at sweetgreen
at sweetgreen (View all jobs)
Treehouse Support Center - LA
Product Manager, Digital Experience
LOCATION: Los Angeles Treehouse
Our people are our most valuable ingredient at sweetgreen - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly make the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
Since opening our doors in 2010, our team has been on a mission to build healthier communities, starting with real food. We’ve been unwavering in our commitment to scratch cooking and transparent sourcing, but over time customer appetite and demand for convenience has grown.
In response, we’ve built and grown our digital ordering business, which is committed to connecting more people to real food through convenience and customization. But what we’ve built thus far is just the beginning, and we need to continue to innovate and evolve our digital ordering experience to stay relevant in a quickly evolving consumer landscape.
We are currently seeking a Product Manager, Digital Ordering to enable future digital growth of sweetgreen by meeting the customer where they are and how they want to order.
- Responsible for digital ordering lines of business including impact to market and location-specific operating P&L
- Partner with internal teams including customer insights, data management and analysis, technology and operations to derive product insights and identify digital feature opportunities that positively impact our customers, team members, and food production efficiency
- Connect the physical (our stores, team members and the locations our customers order to and from) with the digital (our apps, web and other digital experiences) to create best-in-class digital ordering products. Examples include occasions like order for pick-up, delivery, and group ordering, and emerging touchpoints like kiosks and voice interfaces.
- Define and manage the go-to-market strategy for new and existing digital ordering products and strategies
- Inform strategic decision making via data analysis and enable continuous improvement via A/B testing
- Build and manage effective business relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ownership of digital products including the definition of what does and does not resonate with customers, opportunity identification, and anticipation of future state needs as we build for today
- Product direction + vision - build customer profiles, write user stories and conduct usability tests in partnership with UX and analytics teams
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 3+ years of experience working direct with consumer-facing mobile and web applications
- Experience with order conversion, e-commerce and ordering experiences
- Responsibility for defining, directing and reporting on performance metrics and financial results
- Experience with building digital products that rely on the limitations and opportunities created by physical interaction or retail
- Proven leader who can execute and deliver products quickly to cross-platform experiences in a cross-functional environment
- Outstanding communication skills rooted in clarity and factual analysis
- Experience with data-driven product decisioning and A/B testing frameworks
- Strong command of agile development processes and rituals
- Passion for the fusion of food and technology
Great candidates for the position will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
- Analytical Mind + Approach
Able to derive meaning from customer, digital, and business data and construct logical compelling business cases to support investment. Use data to inform, clarify and measure.
- Business Acumen
Understand business measures (especially retail KPI’s) and the way digital products impact them.
- Process Management
- Effective Team Player
Equally impressive strategic + tactical skills. Leads the cross-functional team to arrive at a clear and well understood way of work.
Experience working in and customizing an iterative product, design, and development process. Manages the roadmap and backlog with precision, negotiates trade-off decisions in a way that earns trust, and works tirelessly to unblock and maintain momentum.
- Passion + Patience
- Digital Passion
A healthy obsession with the digital tools + technology that leads to new and useful ways to solve problems
- Patient Leadership
A laser focus on getting things done, and an inspiring level of patience as you work through ambiguity. Ability to creatively solve hard problems in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment.
sweetgreen is a seasonal fast-casual restaurant company on a mission to change the way people think about food. With a strong sense of passion and purpose, we’re working to revolutionize our industry and the food system. We make delicious, real food from scratch in our kitchens every day, which supports local farmers and helps us create authentic, meaningful connections with our guests.