iHerb is one of the leading global e-commerce retailers with its emphasis on Nutritional and Wellness products. Our mission is simple…providing the best overall value for natural products through "e-simplicity." Our values can be best defined as an environment in constant and continuous pursuit to conscientiously meet the needs of our customers, business partners, and team members while doing our part to safeguard the environment.
The Product Development Manager is responsible for creating new products within the iHerb House Brands. This position identifies vendors to work with in creating new products, product lines and maintaining current product portfolio. Responsible for ensuring product design is consistent with market trends, business strategy and ensure product quality and efficacy. This position will manage multiple, complex projects and drive outcomes and optimal results.
- Build strong strategic relationships and maintain effective communications with suppliers.
- Work with strategic partners to identify novel ingredients, products and formats for a category
- Continuously growing supplier base and capabilities
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning, to drive strategic sourcing goals
- Work with procurement and marketing to generate new ideas and sourcing options
- Execute initiatives with our suppliers to ensure product quality and efficacy.
- Understanding industry domestic regulations (FDA, OTC, 21CFR) and global regulations that could impact our products. Understand manufacturing practice and quality management requirements.
- Establishes regular communications stream and follow-up with all team/project members
- Partner with Marketing and iHerb (marketing and purchasing) to develop new products to evaluate. Suggest new product ideas/ingredient suggestions
- Build awareness and communicate emerging trends in the marketplace regarding demand for key ingredients - any potential sourcing supply issues due to global market place.
- Evaluate market and supplier information regarding the potential impact of material changes.
- Provide this feedback to be able to maintain a consistent supply to avoid market price fluctuations
- Prepare product formula documentation to send out for quotation and support communications with contract manufacturers during the quotation and development process
- Ensure formulations are high quality, cost effective, efficacious and meet brand guidelines.
- Create Lines of product for future platform growth in key consumer need state areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, data management knowledge
- Ability to communicate written and verbally in a professional manner with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Detail oriented, strong analytical skills, team-player
- Strong MS Office skills including intermediate level Excel skills
- 3-4+ years of relevant industry experience in R&D, manufacturing, product development and/or regulatory affairs
- Project Management skills required
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.