Product Development Manager, eCommerce Apparel at Universal Music Group
Bravado International Group is the only global, 360-degree full-service merchandise company, develops and markets high-quality licensed merchandise to a world-wide audience. The company works closely with new and established entertainment clients, creating innovative products carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Product is sold on live tours, via selected retail outlets and through Web-based stores. Bravado also licenses rights to an extensive network of third-party licensees around the world. The company maintains offices in London, Los Angeles, New York, Berlin, Paris, Tokyo and Sydney. Under the Universal Music Group umbrella, Bravado is able to leverage a global sales and distribution network from the world's largest record company, as well as the group's significant marketing strength.
The Product Development Manager will be an essential part of Bravado team, helping to drive margin and leverage merchandise needs for both E-commerce and special projects. This position will report directly to the Sr. Director of Product Development and will work alongside Brand Managers to coordinate and develop new products to be launched on each of our artist's eCommerce platforms.
What Bandmember Are You?
- Develop time and action calendars alongside the Brand Manager for new product needs
- Management and implementation of development calendars for different product categories.
- Review reports and recommend solutions to exceptions within sourcing and development needs.
- Work collaboratively with the Creative team to develop a final assortment that is executable in production.
- Work closely with the E-Commerce Consumer Engagement team to help facilitate the launch of new styles and programs on an artist's web-store
- Facilitate all product information for a new launch and align with the Production team on order management.
- Negotiate costing with vendors across multiple programs to help drive margin improvement and review P&L with upper management
- Manage any required fabric, blank, and trim procurement
- Monitor development status of all programs on the e-commerce platform – from sample development to necessary production lead times for messaging to customers.
- Help prepare for Pop Up needs and collaborate with Brand Managers and Sales to facilitate the product needed for the event
- Elevate and communicate high-risk potential order problems and issues as appropriate
- Develop collaborative relationships with our existing vendor base
- Help drive the sourcing of new vendors for new and existing categories.
How You Will Rock Your Role:
- 3-5 years of experience in apparel production or product development
- Strong costing and negotiation skills
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Knowledge and understanding of fabrics, construction and print techniques
- Exceptional Microsoft Suite proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Strong Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving skills
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Flexible and adaptable; priorities change frequently based on business demands, the ability to change direction quickly is critical
- Strong long-term strategic planning capability
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Bachelor's degree required
What's in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.