Altruist is an LA fintech company on a mission to make financial advice fair for everyone. We’re looking for a Product Designer to help us disrupt the status quo and build a beautiful platform that people love to use. Our team is solving a huge problem that requires big-picture thinkers who are motivated to make a real difference through their work. Join us in changing the face of finance.This role is perfect for designers with strong UX abilities, an iterative design process, and outstanding visual design skills.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to visualize a revolutionary new platform for financial advisors and their clients
- Build detailed product flows, including error states and edge cases
- Apply data, research, and customer insights to design decisions
- Align with product and engineering to determine what success means for a given initiative
- Own the end-to-end design from ideation and research to execution
- Iterate quickly through mockups and clickable prototypes that may range in fidelity and functionality
- Work within defined timelines to prioritize your work for maximum impact
- Work within our existing styles and design system to create a cohesive experience
What you’ll need
- 3-7 years of experience
- A dedication to turning complex problems into simple and engaging experiences
- Excellent UX ability, visual design, and product thinking
- Comfort with an iterative design process using quantitative and qualitative data to inform design and product improvements
- Must be humble, collaborative, have a positive attitude, and be a joy to work with (egos left at the door, please)
- Strong qualitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience speaking to the goals of your work as well as successes and failures
- A love for testing prototypes to ensure a user’s experience is beautiful, simple, and seamless
- Fluency in Figma
- Be a great team player with the ability to collaborate with Product and Engineering, combined with an ownership mentality over your work
- Have the ability to move fast and ship work while maintaining a high standard of quality, balancing business needs and health of the overall organization with your desire to strive for perfection
- An entrepreneur mindset with the ability to take initiative, seeing projects through from start to finish with a high attention to detail
- Great UX copywriting skills to help bring life to your visual design
- Fintech experience
- Experience in designing SaaS across B2B and B2C use cases
- Local to the LA area or willing to relocate
What you’ll get
At Altruist, you’ll work with a talented group of hungry creators looking to disrupt our industry. You’ll be given the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading edge of their discipline.
We offer top-of-the-line health benefits, 401(k), a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule including unlimited vacation time. You’ll join at the ground floor and have the opportunity to make your mark and have a real say in how we build products. Our office is located in the heart of Venice on Abbot Kinney.
You’ll join a proven founding team that is backed by one of the most storied VCs in the US, Venrock. Together, we’re going to fix the broken parts of finance and investing (most of it).
A good resume will help you stand out, but we’re most interested in motivated designers who will stop at nothing to create the best product they can. Think you have what it takes? Send us your portfolio and tell us why you’d be a good fit for the team.