Principal Product Manager at Weedmaps
Principal Product Manager
Product Management at Weedmaps is responsible for defining the vision, strategy, and roadmap in order to realize our mission of being the hub for all things cannabis. As a Principal Product Manager, you will own creating product requirements, and coordinate with the technical team, design teams and other stakeholders to develop and design end to end experiences. You will monitor and react to customer and consumer needs and feedback, constantly improving and expanding the experience.
Additionally, you should have a proven ability to build relationships and influence across the organization at all levels, as well as superior communication and presentation skills.
The impact you'll make:
- Define a world-class customer experience
- Translate the customer experience into a logically sequenced and optimized product roadmap
- Maintain and prioritize a product roadmap and backlog and ensure that new features and enhancements are validated and clearly specified
- Lead a cross-functional team to ensure we implement the product vision efficiently
- Monitor adoption, usage and revenue impact of new products and features and report on release impact as necessary
- Collaborate with product, program and engineering leaders across the organization to guide the platform roadmap pinpointing new requirements, features, and policies
- Oversee enterprise-level product planning including identifying new opportunities as well as incorporating a rolling roadmap of business projects and technology initiatives
- Write complete and detail-oriented product requirements documents and ensuring clear communication of those requirements to the business, design, usability and development teams
- Engage with customers through a variety of channels and serve as the voice of the customer internally
- Strive to deliver high-quality technology products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities and structures shift rapidly.
What you've accomplished:
- 4+ years product management experience in a technological industry
- 2+ years experience in consumer-facing online commerce, point-of-sale, or marketplace
- Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly websites and customer-facing features
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong bias towards data-based decision making and comfort with pro-forma financial and operational analysis
- Implementation orientation; demonstrated ability to translate strategic differentiators into innovative and detailed product requirements
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Proven ability to make smart feature (customer experience) versus time-to-market trade-offs; experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value
- Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; comfort responding quickly to rapidly evolving threats and opportunities
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Street smarts; willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management; excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience managing agile software development with scrum preferred
- MBA preferred
- 100% employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits AND 80% dependent covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits: accident insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, life Insurance, critical illness insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- 11 company holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Monthly snack boxes sent straight to your doorstep as we work remotely
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Corporate events
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Denver, New York, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!