Manager, Merchandise Development & Strategy at Universal Music Group
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol's generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world's leading Music Company.
Capitol Music Group is seeking a manager of Merchandise Development & Strategy. This role will be responsible for interfacing directly with CMG's artistic talent and their teams, the label and brands to design and deliver a wide range of merchandise (and other products). As the manager, you will identify and facilitate the development of potential products, conduct market research, determine specifications, production timetables, pricing and time-integrated plans for product introduction, while also creating marketing strategies around each product launch.
- Create strategies for design creation and implementation of products through cross-team collaboration and stakeholder analysis
- Look at fashion trends and anticipate designs [based on artist taste] that will appeal to consumers
- Oversee the final production of merchandise
- Determine customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines
- Assess market competition
- Provide information for artists and management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts, while working closely with UMG's eCommerce team to generate reports and analysis
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with Marketing, Advertising and Production teams
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research, reviewing production and sales costs, anticipating volume, etc.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Passionate about both music and fashion
- An existing network of printers & manufacturers is preferred
- Must be able to communicate effectively, friendly and patient
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize responsibilities and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Keen problem-solving and trouble-shooting abilities; high level of accuracy and attention to details
- 3+ years of experience in graphic design and/or production
- Bachelors Degree in fashion-related field preferred.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.