Lead Product Manager - Business Applications at sweetgreen
Lead Product Manager || Business Applications
Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Sr Director of Technology
We are seeking a Lead Product Manager for Business Applications to own the end-to-end, multi-year software roadmap across sweetgreen’s entire Business Applications portfolio. sweetgreen’s Business Applications portfolio includes - but may not be limited to - HR Systems, Financial + Accounting (ERP), SAAS Operations, Enterprise Development Resource Planning, and Enterprise Service Management. This is an individual contributor role where you will be supported by a dedicated technical program manager and business analysts who will possess subject matter expertise in each product. You will be a key partner with stakeholders, best in class vendors, and development teams.
This position requires demonstrated and sustained experience managing a diverse roadmap accounting for the needs of several different organizations. You should have proficiency in applying and evangelizing agile methodologies in every step of the product life cycle. This position requires thorough knowledge of business objectives, practices, and processes; computer systems and computing technologies and their relationship to the business functions and client workflow; system standards, guidelines, and operating methods; including appropriate testing methodologies, structured design, and analysis concepts.
Goals and Objectives
Top Goal - Within 6 months of start, oversee the end-to-end, multi-year software roadmap across sweetgreen’s entire Business Applications portfolio. You will have overseen and completed an in-progress, implementation of a major system upgrade that evolves how sweetgreen conducts business. You will have built and now own a forward-looking multi-year plan, with detail appropriate to the level of understanding for what will be required in meeting sweetgreen’s audacious goals. Maintain competitive research on best practices and leading vendor platforms, and have an opinion on where sweetgreen is going and why. Communicate this on an ongoing basis to stakeholders at all levels.
- Day 15 - Kicked off conversations with People Team (HR), CX, and Operations Services regarding their H2 2021 needs. Learn about each organization’s long-term strategies at a high level. You will have started documenting your learnings in JIRA, Confluence, and elsewhere.
- Day 30 - Hit the Ground Running: Within 30 days, you will have started drafting your high-level roadmaps, taking what you know from existing commitments and extending out the horizon line by 1-2 quarters. You’ll be working every day with your Technical Program Manager and Business Applications Analysts daily to understand workstreams inflight. You’ll be an active participant in strategic vendor calls.
- Day 60 - Actively Partnering with Stakeholders: By day 45-60, you will be actively leading, where appropriate, the conversations with stakeholders on how the Business Applications organization can best enable their strategies. You’ll be a key influencer on trade-off discussions, risk mitigation, and architecture. You’ll hold yourself and the team accountable for the dates that you committed to for completing feature work.
- Day 90 - Documentation: In order to ease future teammate onboarding and knowledge sharing of complex strategy while mitigating the risk of tribal knowledge, within 90 days in the seat, you’ll contribute to our established information architecture within Confluence and put a plan in place to realize 100% documentation of the strategies you own.
- Day 100 - Raise The Bar: At sweetgreen, we dedicate a portion of our attention to matters that may not be immediately customer-facing and instead allow for us to work smarter, or faster, or simply reduce friction in the stakeholder experience. You’ll own your squad’s specific backlog that is focused on operational excellence, and ensure learnings can be spread across other domains, technical teams, and business stakeholders as appropriate.
- 7+ years managing business applications strategy across multiple organizations.
- 7+ years designing a corporate technology roadmap and maintaining the associated vision, from both an academic and stakeholder management perspective.
- 5+ years experience working as part of a product/engineering team using an Agile Methodology. Proficiency in managing product backlogs, program boards, defects etc...
- Experience instilling a culture of ownership, collaboration, and results through technology across an entire organization.
- Track record leveraging data in demonstrating ROI for corporate programs.
What you'll get
- Three different medical plans to suit your and your family's needs
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Flexible PTO plan
- 401k; company match of 50% up to 3% of employee contribution
- 5 months paid family leave; we believe in fully supporting new parents
- Employee HSA and FSA
- Complimentary greens
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Free sweetgreen swag
You and Us, Together
Together we’ll work to accomplish those measures of success. You’ll enjoy competitive pay + bonus, based on your performance and level of experience. You’ll take advantage of a comprehensive health, dental, vision insurance, and 401k plan. And you’ll recharge given flexible time off so that you can make the most of life and work, in harmony.
We’ll provide clear expectations for you in this role. We’ll assign you a career manager so that you can track your progress against those expectations. Together we’ll collaborate to define your career path and find opportunities for growth. We’ll respect and celebrate your passion + purpose, as we all do. And we’ll be a family of people that are all in pursuit of building healthier communities by connecting people to real food.
Come Join the Sweetlife!
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen restaurant, our 4,000+ team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means. Our people are our most valuable ingredient - the heart of our company, the face of our brand, and what truly makes the sweetgreen experience special and unique.
sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.