Head of Product
Renew Health’s mission is to fundamentally transform how medications are managed in the health care system. To do so, we are building a modern and flexible tech stack that will anchor a highly differentiated approach to pharmacy benefits. This technology will power an innovative set of clinical services and exceptional member experience, which together can improve access, increase adherence, and ensure that members maximize the clinical benefit they receive from medications.
We believe that our approach will reduce population costs, decrease medication errors, and dramatically improve clinical outcomes. It will also allow us to align our business model with the interests of health plans and patients--passing through savings to clients and members, and generating revenue through clinical services that improve care and lower costs.
Our initial team of 30 includes co-founders of Oscar, Devoted, and Lyra Health, and alumni of top companies including Microsoft, Oracle, McKinsey, Snapchat, DaVita, AppNexus, and GoodRx. To date, Renew Health has raised $13M of funding, led by Venrock.
About the role:
Renew Health is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic product executive to join our leadership team as Head of Product. Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Product will have broad accountability for the vision, design, and delivery of Renew’s external and internal facing products.
Working closely with our engineering department, the Head of Product will lead our team of product managers and designers in defining and shaping the user experience for all of Renew’s customers, from the customer website to the internal tools we use to run our business.
- Bring extensive product experience and visionary leadership to our product and design strategy. Own the overall product vision and strategy.
- Lead, manage, and mentor a team of product managers and designers, including recruiting, hiring, and training new members of the product team
- Foster a culture of ownership and responsibility for our products within and across teams
- Work across departments to deeply understand the company’s business and operational needs
- Be a strong representative for the needs of the Renew user and be their advocate when setting product goals and priorities
- Manage the creation and maintenance of a product roadmap across all areas of the business, including customer, clinical, operations, and member services
- Partner with our CEO and CTO to represent and communicate product strategy to the company
- Deliver complex (but still beautiful!) products on very tight, inflexible deadlines
- Partner with Compliance team to ensure our products meet all relevant client and regulatory requirements
- Continually look for opportunities to improve the prescription drug experience and ways to use product to generate better patient outcomes and lower total cost of care
Qualifications and experience:
- 10+ years of progressive experience at a high-growth startup, including 3+ years of managing product teams
- Healthcare experience is highly preferred, especially in the payor space
- Track record of being able to deliver complex products on tight, inflexible, deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to ability to conceptualize, develop, and implement innovative features and solutions
- History of building high performing teams while building a culture of ownership and responsibility
- Strong communicator who can clearly and effectively articulate a common vision for the Renew user experience
- Desire to join an early-stage company with a bold vision for making a fundamental transformation in a historically-fraught area of the healthcare industry
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with limited resources
- Sense of humor and humility
- Willingness to relocate to Los Angeles (if living elsewhere)