Director, Product at Versus Systems
We partner with content creators and brands to facilitate prized-based experiences, changing the ways players, streamers, and fans interact with the experiences they love - offering creators a new way to engage consumers and brands a new way to expand their reach.
We are a strong team of strategists, designers, and engineers who value curiosity, diversity, empathy, and community as a way to drive long-term value for employees, partners, our communities, and our shareholders. Learn more about us here. Come join our team!
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR . . .
We're seeking a Director to join our Product & Design team, with a focus on product management and strategy - someone who embodies our values (community, curiosity, diversity, and empathy) while GETTING THINGS DONE. You will be responsible for the management of the product development process, with heavy collaboration not only in Product & Design, but across Engineering, Business Development, Marketing, and Accounts. We change the way players engage with experiences.
As a Director, you will build and lead a high-performing product management team while formulating a long-term product strategy - playing a major role in crafting the product road-map that gets us there. You will coach and teach Product Managers, while delivering extraordinary products and experiences. Consider yourself a central hub of creative direction for the company, continually engaging senior executives, partners, and other stakeholders in a discussion about what to build next - and why.
We are a collaborative team delivering a groundbreaking adtech product suite that allows creators to create. Our technology is all about immersion - replacing traditional ads with engaging experiences that keep you in the moment.
YOU WILL HAVE . . .
- 7+ years of Product Management experience in software, with at least 4+ years leading a team;
- 4+ years collaborating with engineers, product designers, and internal stakeholders to build quality software;
- Demonstrated expertise empathizing with users to understand, define, test, and launch technology solutions;
- Experience with GitHub, Clubhouse, or other Agile development tools;
- A strong track record successfully transitioning roadmaps and features from concept to production;
- The ability to develop business cases that extend and enhance the product roadmap.
WE NEED YOU TO . . .
- Be curious. You will have an appreciation for the end-user and will proactively collect, share and synthesize input from many directions to enable your team to continuously deliver customer value.
- Be a driver. You will be one of the key leaders on the Agile teams facilitating Scrum processes. Leading the team through sprint planning, stand-ups, retros and story acceptance / rejection to meet product milestones.
- Flex your strategy. Work effectively with different people and teams to drive product definition, design and prototyping process to discover customer problems and create valuable, desirable, and feasible solutions.
- Know your numbers. You are data-driven and consistently leverage quantitative and qualitative research to make decisions.
- Communicate clearly and effectively. Your communication and interpersonal skills are top-notch, and you work well with different personality types and seniority levels.
- Speak geek. Illustrate your understanding of the complexities of building and deploying software. Know how to work with developers through dependencies and technical challenges.
WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOU . . .
- Look forward to growing with us as we continue to become the go-to for implementing strategies that build engagement for a variety of entertainment experiences;
- Engage with the company department heads outside of your immediate area of expertise as a leader of the product development processes;
- Possess a technology background, particularly if you've contributed to a code base via your own development skills.
- Competitive compensation and equity packages
- Healthcare and benefits
- Unlimited paid vacation that people actually take - we promise
- Generous maternity & paternity leave
- Flexible work day schedule - currently remote for COVID
- Matched 401k