Director of Product, Places at Factual
At Factual we believe that context drives an evolved mobile experience. Our Places Data, Geopulse, and Engine products provide contextual relevance to mobile developers, advertisers, and publishers who aim to use real world understanding to make their content more relevant, engaging, and valuable. Delivering these services requires a complex and robust suite of infrastructure, data, and software products.
In this role, you will own and evolve our Places products. You should have demonstrable experience shipping and scaling components of data-heavy services. Examples of this include, but are not limited to: mapping and navigating data or services, end-to-end data pipelines, and search platforms. This position will report to the CTO and is located in our Los Angeles office.
You will be the owner of making the Places product successful - constantly assimilating findings from customers, internal teams, and the market itself. You will lead the Product Roadmap for Places at Factual, a global data set of every “place” (currently 52 countries and ~120 million entities), as well as interact with a robust customer base across enterprise (Apple, Facebook, Uber, Bing, Snap), and brand advertising customers.
You will be keenly aware of how the product is performing (data quality, customer feedback, revenue growth, new prospects, stability, scalability), constantly shape prioritization of various features and projects to accelerate high impact improvements, act and think independently, track and analyze all components of the business, and drive integration with customers.
You will collaborate with our talented engineering team to establish high level vision, well-understood product requirements, efficiently organize resource allocation, and deliver against a committed roadmap.
You will work across several company functions - business development, product marketing, privacy, account management - to make sure you are building the right product and it is getting positioned and sold in the most effective way. You will actively gather requirements, prioritize and manage a roadmap, communicate priorities, and problem solve. You are metrics driven and effective at making tough decisions with limited data.
Other relevant aspects of the role:
- Encourage agile with a small "a"; push relentlessly to get early versions of products & features out to early adopters for short feedback cycles. You understand and love that your colleagues want to see their work get put to use.
- Represent the needs of top customers and partners within the organization, and raise issues and requests as needed.
- Evangelize Factual in the marketplace, and the overall importance of Location-Based Context as a key component in strategy.
- Product management experience: we'll want to know details about the products you have owned and delivered and their success in the market.
- Knowledge and product experience in Location and Places data. This constitutes areas such as maps, search, knowledge graphs, navigation, etc.
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills: We are Product Managers after all
- This role demands you write concise and useful requirements, documentation, white papers, opinion pieces, blog posts, and other pragmatic-and-well-considered contributions to the product.
Nice to haves:
- Minimum of five years of executive product development experience at a technology company
- Working knowledge of mobile technologies and SDKs
- Knowledge of open source software design and development practices.
- A preference for the Oxford comma
Please include a cover letter with your resume. Include links to your blog, Github, Twitter, etc. or other public sources where we can learn more about your oeuvre, code, ideas, and enthusiasm.