Altruist is an LA fintech company on a mission to make financial advice better for everyone. We’re looking to hire an experienced and hands-on Director of Product Management to own the ambitious roadmap for our Brokerage Platform. This is the most critical product area for our company, with the opportunity to revolutionize the financial services industry. If you are passionate about building meaningful products and experiences that have a real impact on people’s lives, and you have experience scaling products and product teams then we want to hear from you.
What you’ll do
- Own the vision and roadmap for Altruist’s fully-digital brokerage platform for independent financial advisors.
- Define requirements, workflows, and user experience for key brokerage features including, account opening, funding, trading, rebalancing, and reporting.
- Create quarterly/annual roadmaps and OKRs for the Brokerage product line and define plans to achieve them.
- Leverage stellar project management skills to coordinate and direct the efforts of multiple departments to deliver on the product roadmap and achieve company OKRs.
- Ensure that requirements and designs for the product are based on sound market and competitive research and are supported by customer interviews, focus groups, and surveys.
- Drive key architectural and vendor decisions in close partnership with the engineering team and executive stakeholders.
- Foster and maintain relationships with key partners and vendors.
- Own, measure, and drive improvements across key product metrics, including product revenue, engagement, adoption, CSAT, and NPS.
What you’ll need
- 5-10 years of product management experience building SaaS or Fintech products.
- Prior experience in the financial services industry, including understanding of investment management principles, securities trading, regulatory environment, and technology landscape.
- Experience hiring and building a team of product managers and maintaining a high bar for performance.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and investigate customer requests and issues and work with engineering teams to resolve them.
- Solid technical background or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Comfortable leveraging 3rd party APIs and translating them into workflows and functional requirements.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact persuasively with engineering and design teams.
- Proven ability to develop product strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management.
- Affinity for a fast-paced, early-stage environment and a lean product development mindset.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree, preferably in a technical or finance-related field.
What you’ll get
At Altruist you’ll work with a talented group of hungry creators looking to disrupt our industry. You’ll be given the freedom to do your best work alongside down-to-earth developers, designers, and thinkers who are at the leading edge of their craft.
We offer top-of-the-line health benefits, 401(k) with employer match, a competitive salary, and a flexible schedule including unlimited vacation time. You’ll join at the ground floor and have the opportunity to make your mark and have a real say in how we build products. Our office is located in the heart of Venice on Abbot Kinney Blvd.
You’ll join a proven founding team with significant venture backing by Venrock. Together, we’re going to fix the broken parts of finance and investing (most of it).