Director, International Product at Tinder
Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing. Your work here can change the world.
Our Product team is seeking a strategic product leader to spearhead and navigate Tinder’s international product roadmap. The Director of Product, International, will be responsible for helping to build the strategy for internationalization and localization features, and oversee our team’s build out of features from conception to launch. If you are someone that leads with vision, that can solve complex problems, communicate solutions concisely, articulate clear communication to technical and non-technical groups and passionately drive results, we want to hear from you!
In this job you will:
- Drive product vision and development, from conception to launch, of the products and product solutions associated with internationalization and localization — both consumer-facing features and platform-level investments
- Own product lifecycle from initial conception to launch: defining product requirements, creating wireframes, writing specs, and working closely with Engineering and Design to build, design and launch features against a planned release schedule
- Develop an understanding of Tinder users around the world by conducting research, data analysis, and usability testing
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization communicate product vision, understand and prioritize needs and serve as an advocate and resource for Product.
- Optimize relationship between Product and Design
- Mentor and coach a team of Product Managers to solve business challenges, manage feature dependencies and maintain architectural integrity
- Manage existing and newly deployed global products in light of observed performance, competitive positioning and emerging strategies
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of product management in a high growth consumer tech company
- University degree, ideally with technical or business background or mix of education and experience
- Experience leading international Product Teams for consumer mobile apps and mobile subscription businesses
- Experience working in global setting and international teams coupled with awareness of market differences and commonalities
- Strong product intuition and UX design sensibilities, with a desire to discover and fulfill the needs of users
- Experience defining metrics and making product and strategic decisions based on A/B testing and/or qualitative feedback.
- The ability to assess the impact of a feature not only on end users but also the platform it’s being built for
- Proficiency in user experience, and user research methodologies
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- Tremendous opportunity to solve some of the industry’s most exciting problems
- Working with an extraordinary team of smart, creative, fun and highly motivated people
- Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) match, and meaningful equity
- Unlimited vacation and flexible working hours
- Daily catered lunches, an endless supply of refreshments, fitness classes, and social events
- Modern, uplifting work environment in an ideal location