Data Product Manager at HopSkipDrive
Who we are
HopSkipDrive is the innovator in youth transportation, getting kids to their highest potential by removing mobility barriers, one ride at a time. Our platform is the safe, dependable transportation solution schools and families rely on to get kids where they need to go. Through our proprietary technology and innovative safety measures, our platform provides transportation solutions for school districts and families across the country. In addition, we partner with county governments and non-profits to help ensure educational access for some of our most vulnerable youth. We understand that transportation can be the difference between success and struggle, which is why we’re on a mission to use innovative technology, coupled with operational expertise and new thinking to help kids reach their full potential by providing a safe, dependable way to get them where they are going.
From our founding, when 3 moms came together to develop HopSkipDrive as a solution to their challenges getting their own kids where they needed to go, we have continued to innovate and execute, growing to now serve more than 7 markets across the country. We have driven more than 5 million safe miles while getting 750,000+ kids to more than 6,000 schools. Backed by top tier VCs and strategic investors, and with more than $27M in funding, we’re reinventing youth transportation.
We are based in downtown LA. Our mission, our enormous market potential, our team and the technology challenges we are solving make HopSkipDrive one of LA’s Best Places to Work.
Who you are
You are an A+ player who is looking for a challenging and rewarding experience. You are inspired by the mission we are pursuing and by the opportunity to define a new category in an incredibly fast-moving market. You are excited to bring your best everyday, to learn from those around you and to push hard while contributing to our powerful vision of positively impacting kids’ lives everyday.
At HopSkipDrive, we know that to tackle our toughest challenges, we need different approaches, unique perspectives, and new ways of thinking. We are building a team of creative problem-solvers from many different backgrounds.
As a Data Product Manager you will own the data deliverables (dashboards, data sets, metadata, etc.) and evolve them into cohesive products to meet the needs of internal business teams. You will create trustworthy and standardized data to expose an accurate and consistent view of the business. You will provide training to reduce friction and increase adoption. You will build upon the existing self-service BI initiatives and tools. The promise of business intelligence is to empower people to take informed actions. You will lead the way.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Evolve the data products used throughout the company.
- Help analysts utilize existing data and information resources.
- Create individualized training programs for business users and analysts.
- Work with outside entities and internal data producers on data improvement initiatives.
- Investigate data discrepancies and establish a process to manage investigations.
What You Bring
- A passion to work in a data-driven culture with modern self-service data tools.
- 3 - 5 years experience doing data wrangling, reporting, and visualization.
- Data investigation skills to uncover insights.
- Experience with business modeling and workflows.
- Product and project management experience.
- High technical proficiency in Tableau, Excel, Google Sheets, and SQL.
- A love of learning.
- Strong communication skills are a must, especially story-telling with data.
- Agile development and start-up experience preferred.
- Data Science background a plus.
What You Will Get
Every full-time employee has equity options. In addition, we offer competitive market comp, BYOD technology reimbursement, unlimited vacation, FSA, medical, dental and vision, 401(k), weekly catered lunches, and an opportunity to work for a uniquely positioned, VC-backed company in a hugely attractive space with significant upside potential.