About the Audience Development Director at Headspace:
As Headspace continues to expand beyond our core business of guided meditation, we are producing different kinds of content in an effort to meaningfully connect with more audiences and improve the health and happiness of the world. As our app does more things, we also welcome new audiences into the product. In addition to the app, Headspace also meets our members on social platforms.
The Audience Development Director will use data to ensure that our content is organized effectively so that members can easily find what they’re looking for. They will partner closely with the product team, to ensure that the right kind of content is delivered at the moment that member is looking for it. And they will partner with the social team, to make sure that every piece of organic content we put out has maximum impact in terms of engagement with the app. They will also work with the content team to inform what content we should make more of, based on the data that we have.
The ideal candidate is an expert in content strategy, with 5+ years working in the field on mobile and/or web. This person will be highly collaborative, detail-oriented and a strong communicator, working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to maximize efforts as a partner to our Content Directors and our Head of Content on strategic vision. You will be the point of contact between the content and data teams, and help us construct the narrative that informs how we respond to data, and how we tell our data story to the rest of the organization.
How your skills and passion will come to life at Headspace:
- Inform the overall Headspace content calendar, and work with marketing to ensure that we get the maximum value from all the content that we make by exposing it to the right audience inside and outside our member base.
- Working with the Data team and Content Directors, you will help to curate and maintain the dashboards that we need to hit our engagement goals.
- Based on an understanding of those goals, you’ll create a content strategy that can be a point of reference for the Content Directors and inform both what we make, and how we arrange that content.
- Working closely with the Data team, you’ll optimize our content experience across all the channels we show up in (inc. social media) to maximize engagement.
- You’ll partner closely with the Data team to work out which of our content is performing best and what its active features are.
- You’ll find ways to feature the content in the venues that we own in and outside of the app (Wake Up, social media etc.) for the best possible engagement.
- You’ll work with the Product team to help ensure that our member experience is dynamically curated.
- You’ll explore the naming of content and help us to set up experiments so that we are helping people find what they’re looking for quickly and easily.
- You’ll discover the types of members who are most engaged and help us to optimize the content they find most engaging.
What you’ve accomplished:
- 5+ years defining content programming strategy on digital platforms.
- Analytics background, including expert-level proficiency in platforms like M Particle or Amplitude.
- Great communication skills; ability to work cross-functionally and provide direction to internal and external partners.
- Ability to strategize content across social media and in-app.
- Great storytelling and presentation skills.
How we feel about Diversity & Inclusion:
Headspace is committed to bringing together humans from different backgrounds and perspectives, providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do impactful work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our workplace.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Headspace. Please inform our Talent team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
How to get started:
If you’re excited by the idea of seeing yourself in this role at Headspace, please apply with your CV and a cover letter that best expresses your interest and unique qualifications.