Associate Product Manager
About This Role
At Apeel Sciences, we look to nature to help the global food system improve quality, reduce waste, and ensure an abundant future for our planet. We are seeking an Associate Product Manager who will work alongside Product Managers to combine market and customer research with a deep understanding of Apeel technologies to identify opportunities for unlocking value in global produce supply chains through product innovations. The Associate Product Manager will work to execute products through the full product life cycle, working closely with Strategy, Technology, Operations, Marketing, Sales, and Engineering to assess product-market fit, guide product development, facilitate product trials and commercial pilots, and product-market introduction. The Associate Product Manager will also research and track the competitive landscape and expansion of in-market products.
What You’ll Do
- Enable Apeel’s revenue and margin growth by planning winning solutions and delivering them to the market with concise, relevant messaging consistent with Apeel’s mission “With Nature”. Partner with R&D and Engineering teams to define product specifications and manage product development
- Collaborate with Technology, Engineering, Operations, Strategy, Sales, and Marketing to optimize product strategy, investment prioritization, product roadmap, and guiding product positioning and messaging
- Contribute to the development of the product strategy
- Plan and execute high impact product launches around the globe working closely with Sales and Marketing to develop product launch plans, press releases, marketing, sales and training materials
- Execute on competitive intelligence to identify and leverage market research that yields global insights to inform product strategy and contingency plans to respond to market changes
- Develop product management skills and experience
What You Bring
- The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker and doer with a “roll-up-your- sleeves” attitude to work successfully in a fast-paced environment
- Science or engineering trained with a drive to learn technology management, product management, and business development
- Internship and/or entry level experience in voice-of-the-customer, technology development, or technology project management
- Experience in and/or significant exposure to food, food additives or agriculture is a plus
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, strong bias towards data driven decision-making
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Project management training or experience preferred
- BS/BA required; advanced degree preferred
- Ability to travel 30% (domestically and internationally)
Apeel believes that the scale of our impact is determined by the teams that work with us. As such, we seek to build high-performing teams of people from various experiences and backgrounds who can collectively push our company into new realms. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. If you have a special need or disability that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Please note that Apeel Sciences does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event of a recruiter or agency submitting a resume or candidate without a signed agreement being in place, we explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire such candidates without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted directly to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Apeel Sciences.