Associate Audience Development Manager at Universal Music Group
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol's generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world's leading Music Company.
How we LEAD:
The Audience Development Manager will manage the development, implementation and optimization of the audience growth strategy for Universal Music Group's Capitol Music Group labels and artists. The ideal person for this position is analytical, marketing and data savvy, creative, communicative, and a music-consumer mindset.
This person is primarily responsible for the design and optimization of best-in-class audience development programs, including automation and personalization of direct-to-fan experiences; ensuring that the Hollywood-based UMG labels and artists deliver the right message, in the right channel, to the right fan, at the right time.
How you'll CREATE:
- Leverage audience insights and data to develop best-in-class audience acquisition and engagement programs that are multi-channel, personalized and automated.
- Develop customer segmentation and promotional strategies to ensure optimum customer experience is balanced alongside meeting campaign and strategic goals.
- Execute & optimize multi-channel marketing strategies supporting artist releases, tours, videos, ecommerce and other campaigns enabling "always on" communications (including re-engagement, lifecycle and retention campaigns)
- Work with labels to manage the fan communication workflow including development of the campaign content calendar, assets gathering, obtaining approvals for proper campaign execution and quality assurance.
- Provide thought leadership and act as the trusted and knowledgeable music audience expert embedded in the label.
- Create and deliver high-quality targeted and personalized messages and offers to audience segments leveraging transactional and behavioral data through key channels including email, mobile, social bots, etc.
- Collaborate with various teams (technical, legal, marketing, product) to enhance tools, data and practices that improve quality and/or effectiveness of audience development programs
- Build online acquisition programs for email, sweepstakes, in-venue, and misc digital campaigns
- Ensure all direct-messaging campaigns comply with current industry best practice, as well as, staying abreast of data privacy regulations.
- Deliver regular analysis of audience development efforts, while making actionable recommendations for improvement and implementing them. -> define more (i.e. weekly, monthly, quarterly reports)
Bring your VIBE:
- 5+ years' experience in CRM, audience development, digital marketing, or related roles
- Working knowledge of CDP, CRM platforms; Dotdigital, Lytics and Return Path a plus
- Experience managing complex CRM/messaging programs across different brands/audiences, CRM agency experience a plus
- Comfortable with interpreting data and handling large consumer data sets
- Proven ability in synthesizing and interpreting data and customer insights into successful marketing strategies
- Superior communication skills (verbal and written)
- Multi-tasker; able to track and self-project manage competing priorities while meeting with extremely tight deadlines
- Superior problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Expertise in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, InDesign)
- Working knowledge of data privacy regulations such as COPPA and GDPR
- A proven data-driven, creative, strategic thinker who knows how to grow a business by employing marketing and site strategies that improve customer loyalty, engagement and conversion
- They also have hands-on experience working collaboratively across teams in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
What's in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.