Product Manager, SDKs
At Factual we believe that context drives an evolved mobile experience. Our Places Data, Geopulse, and Engine products provide contextual relevance to mobile developers, advertisers, and publishers who aim to make their content more targeted, engaging, and valuable. Delivering these services requires a complex and robust suite of infrastructure, data, and software products.
To this end, Factual is seeking a seasoned Product Manager to join the team defining, delivering, and scaling our mobile SDK offerings. This position will report to the Director of Product and is located in our Los Angeles HQ.
Factual product managers are hands-on owners and drivers of their business, and ultimately responsible for its success. This means that not only are they comfortable and effective engaging with internal engineering teams, but they are also customer facing and centric.
You will be hyper aware of how the product is performing (customer feedback, revenue growth, new prospects, stability, scalability), constantly shape how we prioritize various features, act and think independently, track and analyze all components of the business.
You will collaborate with our talented engineering team to establish well-understood product requirements, efficiently organize resource allocation, and deliver against a committed roadmap.
You will actively gather requirements, prioritize and manage a roadmap, communicate priorities, and problem solve. You are effective at making tough decisions with limited data.
Our SDKs are backed by a sophisticated web-based UI, and therefore you'll also be working through usability testing and iterative wireframing/product definition to guarantee delivery of a low friction product.
Other relevant aspects of the role:
- Encourage agile with a small "a"; push relentlessly to get early versions of products & features out to alpha & beta testers ASAP for feedback. Understand and love that engineers want to see their work get put to use.
- Represent the needs of top customers and partners within the organization, and raise issues and requests as needed.
- Evangelize Factual in the marketplace, and the overall importance of Location-Based Context as a key component in strategy.
- Product management experience: we'll want to know details about the products you have owned and delivered, not just those to which you have contributed.
- Knowledge and product experience in SDKs and/or Location. This constitutes such areas as activity detection, mobile search, mobile analytics, battery management, mobile monetization, etc.
- Working understanding of mobile data and monetization ecosystem on both Android and iOS.
- Critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills: we are Product Managers after all.
- This role demands you write requirements, documentation, white papers, opinion pieces, blog posts, and other pragmatic-and-well-considered contributions to the product.
- Experience with wireframing and user testing.
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge of open source software design and development practices.
- Minimum of one to three years of product development experience at a technology company.
- Location and geo-targeting technological experience.
- Working knowledge of mobile technologies.
- A preference for the Oxford comma.