Product Manager – Energy & Grid
Disrupting the one-size-fits-all utility model, Inspire’s groundbreaking smart home subscription seamlessly combines personalized clean energy plans with best-in-class smart devices. Using the Inspire app, members can self drive their smart homes from anywhere, and select automated settings to use less energy while earning rewards. Inspire strives to make every home a smart home, powered by clean energy. Inspire’s mission is to drive forward a brighter energy future by simplifying consumer adoption of clean energy and smart home technologies. Through continual innovation and scaling of connected device interoperability; clean energy supply, generation and storage; and intelligent, decentralized grid services, Inspire is building the world’s first fully-integrated clean energy company.
Launched in January 2014, Inspire homes have used the clean power production equivalent of 121 wind turbines since inception. Driven by a team of mission-driven Avengers in Philadelphia and Santa Monica,, Inspire prides itself on a culture of ownership, teamwork and stalwart obsession with “crushing it!”
As a Product Manager you will work closely with the technology, operations, data science/analytics, marketing, and finance teams to scope, spec, build, and test products that gain broad consumer adoption. At the core of this role is delivering a world class subscription experience to Inspire’s members. The role requires you to be a leader in the product organization, including owning a roadmap and achieving aggressive product development and growth goals, both for products already live and for products you will build from scratch.
- Hardhat mentality – zero ego, take pride in the nitty gritty details, and enjoy the build.
- Exceptional communication skills – with internal stakeholders, partners, and our members.
- Live and die by the dashboard – drive towards realization of measurable KPIs.
- Whiteboard savant – motivated to create innovative solutions from scratch.
- Financial savvy – strong grounding in unit economics and making the business case.
- Always testing – creating and validating hypotheses for how our products can improve.
- Growth mindset – ready to grow as an individual alongside our growth as a business.
- Clean Energy Subscription. You will help develop, optimize, and grow our groundbreaking clean energy subscription product. Responsibilities will be broad and cross-functional, and include customer experience, behavioral science, billing, data, forecasting, P&L, targeting, and more. This product will be the primary focus of this role.
- Enrollment and Channel Enablement. You will need to continue to develop and iterate on a seamless and delightfully simple enrollment process for our clean energy products, in both an online and offline context.
- Energy Data. You will work closely with our Data Science and Analytics team to study how we collect and leverage data to power the operating system of our business, and to power our member experience.
- Demand Response and Grid. You will need to be steeped in utility programs and an understanding of how Inspire might interact with incumbents in the energy space. You will help Inspire achieve national scale, participating in a variety of marketplaces with a variety of products.
- Testing and Measurement. You will iterate products with rigorous attention to user behavior and market outcomes. This includes understanding the needs of each of Inspire’s customer segments, their purchase journeys, and their lifecycles as members.
- Agile background and experience in a technical software management / development role.
- Experience with data science and product analytics (strong SQL background preferred).
- Exposure to, or experience in, the energy industry is preferred.
- Consumer background and relentless user focus.
- Experience at small, up-and-comer companies (or meaningful side projects) is preferred.
- Unlimited vacation
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Lots of cupcakes