Product Design Intern
Our mission is to make data accessible to anyone who wants to build a better app, provide a better search result, or make smarter software. At our core is location data - everything we do revolves around making our data better and building products on top of our data. We work closely with companies ranging from smaller startups and agencies to larger companies such as Amazon, Snapchat, Facebook, Adobe, DoubleClick, and The Trade Desk.
Our design team is dedicated to working on customer-facing applications that help our users make use of our dataset and building internal tools that allow our company do things more effectively and efficiently.
Who are we looking for?
- You want a tangible and significant product at the end of your internship, while at the same time growing in a wide variety of soft skills
- You are passionate about building tools and making complicated tasks and processes simple
- You want real world experience with the design process (brainstorming, scoping problems, ideation + iteration and working with development for implementation)
- You want the freedom to craft your internship
- You will take ownership of a feature, from initial ideation to coming up with a solid design solution, collaborating with designers, engineers, etc. throughout the process
- You will build flows, prototypes, etc. to flesh out your design
- You will coordinate with users+partners in and outside of the company, involving them in the design process
- You will work alongside the engineering team on implementation
- Portfolio of relevant work
- Knowledge of the design process (ideation, iteration, final design)
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Familiar with Sketch, Figma, or something similar
- Exposure to front-end development
- A real passion for continuous self-improvement and gaining of knowledge
- Ability to live in Los Angeles during your internship
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in graphic design, product design or a related field
- Front-end development experience
- Familiar with React
- Graphic design experience
- Adept with Framer
- Can say the following four times fast: “Morris poured porridge for a foreign orange four-inch door hinge.”
- Flexible work hours
- "Sunny and 75" LA weather
- Catered breakfast on Monday and lunch on Friday
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Fun company events
*Please include a link to a portfolio or samples of your recent past projects and work
*This is a paid internship.